Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
“Kentucky Speedway is one of only a few tracks on the 2017 schedule that I have experience on, but I guess that goes out the window with the new repave, since last summer. So, in my head we are going to kinda compare Kentucky to Texas – in terms of the same characteristics of the newly paved track – although Turns 3 and 4 are flat at Kentucky, and its vice-versa in Texas. The plan is to unload with that same package we had in Texas, since we were so strong, and take the things we learned there, and apply it to Kentucky this weekend.”
Driver Point Standings: 6th
Owner Point Standings: 7th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 44 for Thursday night’s Buckle Up In Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a third-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, last month.
- Bluegrass State Stats… Enfinger has six previous starts at Kentucky Speedway; one in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) in 2016, and five in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards between 2008 and 2015. In his track debut in 2016, the RIDE TV driver started 17th, and finished 12th.
- Consistency… Enfinger, is the only driver to score to a top-five finish in the last four NCWTS races, dating back to Dover International Speedway on June 2.
- Rookie Stripe: Enfinger is currently leading the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, by five points over Chase Briscoe, after nine of 23 races this season.
- Race Rewind – Iowa…. In his Iowa Speedway debut, Enfinger started 10th, ran as high as second, and finished fourth.
- Catch Grant at Kentucky…Enfinger, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will be at Toyota Pit Pass, signing autographs, from 3:30-4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 6 at Kentucky Speedway.
Enfinger’s Kentucky ARCA Stats:
- Starts: 5, since 2008
- Laps Completed: 327 of 512 (63.9%)
- Laps Led: 35
- Top-5 Finishes: 3
- Top-10 Finishes: 3
- Average Start: 16.4
- Average Finish: 16.0
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 23, since 2010
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 6
- Top-10 Finishes: 11
- Laps Completed: 3,162
- Laps Led: 68
- Start: 12.5
- Finish: 11.9
- Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
- Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
- Stage 3 – 80 laps (concludes at lap 150)
Date: Thursday, July 6 2017
Time: 7:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 150 Laps, 225-Miles
Social: @KYSpeedway, #ThisIsSPARTA