NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Driver Ben Rhodes:
Ben Rhodes, the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (NKNPSE) Champion, Rookie of the Year and Most Popular driver, returns to ThorSport Racing and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) in 2018, piloting the No. 41 Ford F-150, while working toward the series championship title. In his sophomore season in 2017, Rhodes claimed his career first NCWTS win (Las Vegas Motor Speedway), one pole (Pocono), six top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes, finishing a season-best fourth in the championship point standings.
The Louisville, Kentucky, native began his career in go karts at the age of seven, winning races and championships on both dirt and asphalt before moving up to Bandoleros in 2008. After earning his state and Midwest titles in 2009, the young racer quickly adapted to the bigger and faster Legends Cars in 2010. The next year, Rhodes tallied more championships to underscore his season’s 43 Legends Car victories, more than any other driver internationally. His success translated to Late Model Stock Cars with several starts in 2011 and a full season of racing in 2012 and 2013.
The NASCAR Next Alumni made his national series debut in 2014 in the NCWTS, earning one top-five and three top-10 finishes in four starts. Additionally, Rhodes amassed six poles, five wins, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes in the NKNPSE en route to the 2014 championship.
After his championship year in the NKNPSE, Rhodes raced a part-time, 10-race schedule in the 2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series, earning his first NASCAR national series pole in just his seventh start at Road America in Elkart Lake, Wisc. (August), and picked up a series-best seventh-place finish in his first series start at Iowa Speedway in Newton (May).
During his rookie season in NCWTS in 2016, Rhodes earned his series first 21 Means 21 Pole Award at Martinsville Speedway (April), finishing 14th in the series point standings on the strength of two top-five, and five top-10 finishes.
The 2018 NCWTS season will mark Rhodes third full-time season in the series.
2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series:
- Made series debut in March at Iowa Speedway (IA), finishing seventh.
- Earned first-career NXS pole position August 29th at Elkart Lake, WI.
- Finished within top 13 four out of 10 starts.
- Had an average start of 12.5.
- Completed 93.6% of laps in 10 races he entered. Earned first-career NXS pole position August 29th at Elkart Lake, WI.
2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East:
- Earned first-career NKNPSE pole position February 18th at Daytona International Speedway (FL).
- Earned first-career NKNPSE victory at Greenville Pickens Speedway (SC) on March 22nd.
- Went on a three-race pole streak (Daytona, Bristol, Greenville), as well as a four-race win streak (Iowa, Bowman Gray, Five Flags, Langley).
- Won the 2014 NKNPSE Championship (clinched one race prior to end of season).
- Won the 2014 NKNPSE Rookie of the Year.
- Voted by the fans as the 2014 NKNPSE Most Popular Driver.
- In 16 races, had 6 poles, 5 wins, 11 top 5s, 13 top 10s (average start: 2.6; average finish: 5.8).
- Completed 2110 of 2112 laps during the season, leading 778 (zero DNFs).
- Selected to be in the NASCAR Next program for the second year.
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Birthdate: February 21, 1997
First full-time season: 2016
Poles: 2 (Martinsville-1, 2016 and Pocono, 2017)
First Start: Martinsville-1 (2014)
Wins: 1 (Las Vegas, 2017)
Laps Led: 392
Top-5 Finishes: 11
Top-10 Finishes: 23
Laps Completed: 7,679
Avg. Start: 9.1
Avg. Finish: 13.4