Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
“I’ve been looking forward to getting back to the intermediate tracks, like Kentucky. This place will always be kind of special to me because it’s where I made my series debut. I know they’ve repaved it since the last time I was there, so we’ll just have to figure things out in practice. Hopefully I’ll get plenty of laps on the track before the race. Last time I was there, practice and qualifying were cancelled because of rain, so my first lap in a truck was when they threw the green flag. That was an interesting experience. Hopefully, with the three practices on Wednesday, we’ll dial in our Tundra for Thursday night, and get a good run.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 14th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 53 for Thursday night’s Buckle Up In Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta. This is the same chassis Cody Coughlin piloted at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS earlier this season.
- Back to where it all started… Coughlin made his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) debut at Kentucky Speedway in 2015 for Bill Venturini.
- Bluegrass State Stats… Cody Coughlin has two previous starts at Kentucky Speedway. The JEGS driver started sixth, and finished fourth in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards in 2014, and started 30th, and finished 20th, in his NCWTS debut in 2015.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 12th in the series’ last stop at Iowa Speedway in Newton, is currently seventh in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after nine of 23 races.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 21 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of 11th at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (DIS).
- Rearview Mirror – Iowa… In his track debut at Iowa Speedway, Coughlin started 15th, ran as high as 10th, and finished 12th at the .875-mile track.
- Catch Cody at Iowa… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will be at Toyota Pit Pass, signing autographs, from 3:30-4:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 6 at Kentucky Speedway.
- Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
- Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
- Stage 3 – 80 laps (concludes at lap 150)
Date: Thursday, July 6 2017
Time: 7:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 150 Laps, 225-Miles
Social: @KYSpeedway, #ThisIsSPARTA