Crew Chief: Carl “Junior” Joiner, Jr.
Driver Point Standings: 5th
Owner Point Standings: 7th
Spotter: Stevie Reeves
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 88 Jack Links/Menards Ford F-150… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 48 for Saturday night’s M&M’s 200 Presented by Casey’s General Store at Iowa Speedway. This particular chassis, which is nicknamed “Tom Brady,” has been a workhorse for Matt Crafton and the No. 88 team. In 2015, Crafton piloted this chassis to two wins at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and Texas Motor Speedway (June), and two poles at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Texas (November). In 2016, Crafton drove to victory lane in chassis No. 48 at Dover International Speedway. Furthermore, Crafton piloted this chassis to one top-five finish in 2017 (Bristol Motor Speedway), and two top-five finishes earlier this season at Atlanta (fifth), and Dover (second).
- Hawkeye State Stats… Matt Crafton has 11 starts to his credit at Iowa Speedway since 2009. His success includes 89 laps led en route to one win (2011), five top-five and 10 top-10 finishes.
- Race Rewind – Texas… Starting ninth, Crafton finished second in Stage 1, 10th in Stage 2, and brought home a fifth-place finish in the Lone Star State.
- Take me back – Iowa 2017… Starting 12th, Crafton finished 14th in Stage 1, and 19th in Stage 2. Restarting eighth for the final 68-lap stint in the final Stage, the ThorSport Racing driver ran consistently inside the top-10 before being involved in a late-race incident in Turn 3. Crafton would settle for a 19th-place finish.
- 2018 Stats… In eight starts this season, Crafton has led 15 laps en route to three top-five, and four top-10 finishes. The Menards driver has a season-best start of second (Atlanta & Martinsville), and a season-best finish of second (Dover).
- Veteran-Sized Stats… Crafton holds the record for consecutive starts (415) in the NCWTS. Among his success in the past 17 seasons, the two-time champion has earned 13 poles, and led 2471 laps en route to 14 wins, 105 top-five and 246 top-10 finishes.
- About Jack Links… Jack Link’s Beef Jerky is an American snack company best known as the producer and marketer of the eponymous brand of beef jerky. It was founded by John ‘Jack’ Link in 1986. They are known for their “Messin’ with Sasquatch” ads. For more information on Jack Links visit: JackLinks.com.
Chatting with Matt Crafton…
“Iowa races like the old Kansas track before they repaved it. It’s a lot of fun – great racing. The asphalt is getting older, and the racing keeps getting better and better every time we go there.”