2015 Driver Point Standings: 9th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 12th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (July 7, 2015) – Sunoco Racing rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley will not only be making his track debut at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta in Thursday night’s UNOH 225, the 18-year-old Canadian driver will also debut a new partner on-board his No. 13 Toyota Tundra. ADVICS, which is located in Lebanon, Ohio, just 80 miles north of Kentucky Speedway, is a world class brake system supplier which provides advanced high quality brake systems and components to the global market, and will make its debut on the No. 13 for ThorSport Racing for the 200-lap event in the “Bluegrass State.”
Hayley, who will be making his seventh intermediate-track start of his young career, and the sixth of the season, hopes to continue his intermediate track success, which includes two top-five and four top-10 finishes, and get back on-track following a 19th-place finish in the series last stop at Iowa Speedway in Newton. The ThorSport Racing driver led a career-high 37 laps but pit strategy and a series of unfortunate events would relegate the rookie to a 19th-place finish.
In a state known for horse racing and horsepower, Hayley hopes to jockey for a position in victory lane on Thursday night, and become the first driver in ThorSport Racing’s stables to conquer the feat.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
‘We’re debuting a brand new truck this week at Kentucky Speedway. I’m really looking forward to that. It’s my first time going to this track, so I’ll have to go back to learning new tracks and not know every in and out like I did in Iowa a couple weeks ago. I’ve been told it’s a very rough, fast track, and we’ll just have to see when we get there. It’ll be like learning every other mile-and-a-half this year, but with Kentucky being rough, it’ll probably be a bit tougher for me.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 53 for Thursday night’s UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway. This is a new chassis from the ThorSport Racing stables, and will make its 2015 debut this weekend.
- 2015 Season Review… After nine races this season, Hayley has completed 1402 of 1521 laps attempted (92.2%), and led 41 laps en route to two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
- Rookie Race… Hayley remains second in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after nine races this season.
- Previous Race Recap… Starting fifth, Hayley led a career-high 37 laps, but pit strategy, a spin and ultimately, a flat tire would relegate the ThorSport Racing driver to a 19th-place finish in the American Ethanol 200 at Iowa Speedway.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 12 starts since 2014
- Two top-five finishes
- Five top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 5th (Kansas, 2015 & Gateway, 2015)
- Has completed 1793 of 1912 laps attempted (93.77%)
- Average start: 7.2
- Average finish: 12.2
ADVICS is a world class brake system supplier which provides advanced high quality brake systems and components to the global market.