2015 Driver Point Standings: 7th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 11th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (October 20, 2015) – Leaving Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway with his ninth top-10 finish of the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season, Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley is currently seventh in the driver point standings entering the 19th race of the season at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. Hayley, who is welcoming new partner, Mattei, onboard the No. 13 Toyota Tundra this weekend, will be making his second career superspeedway start, and his first on Talladega’s high-banked, high-speed oval for the 94-lap fred’s 250 powered by Coca-Cola on Saturday.
Mattei Compressors, Inc., the leading provider of rotary vane air compressors, will be making their third start with ThorSport Racing, and their first of two appearances of the season with Hayley this weekend. The No. 13 Tundra will also sport the Mattei brand in the season finale at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway later this season.
Competing on Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway’s high banks in the 2015 NCWTS season opener, the 19-year-old Canadian driver got his first taste of high-intensity pack-racing. Qualifying 14th, Hayley was caught up in a multi-truck wreck on lap 48 of 100, ending his day early in the 23rd position.
With 18 races under his belt, which includes 77 laps led, three top-five and nine top-10 finishes, since making his first start for ThorSport Racing at Daytona, Hayley hopes luck will meet preparation and experience, and the rookie driver can produce a solid finish following the 10th annual NCWTS at the 2.66-mile superspeedway on Saturday.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“It’s my first trip to Talladega Superspeedway. Daytona, early this season, didn’t end too well for me. Another person’s mistake turned into a bad day for me. Hopefully this time we’ll have a good, clean day, and come out of there with a decent finish. It’s a wild card race, so whatever I can take – a top-10 or even a top-five finish – I’ll take it. After the Daytona race, I learned how quickly things can happen. It’s a little bit nerve-racking and a little bit intimidating for a driver. You just don’t know what’s going to happen. We’re going to do everything we can, and hopefully we’ll be in front of everything this time around.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 24 for Saturday’s fred’s 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. This particular chassis was last seen at Daytona earlier this season. Hayley qualified 14th, got caught up in a multi-truck wreck before the races half-way mark and finished 23rd. Since February, the No. 13 team has completely rebuilt chassis No. 24 for Saturday’s event.
- Welcome Aboard… The 19-year-old rookie welcomes Mattei onboard his No. 13 Toyota Tundra for this weekend’s race at Talladega Superspeedway. Mattei has over 50 years of experience providing customers in every industry and market with superior compressed air products. Today, Mattei proudly serves a multitude of industries including agriculture, automotive and body shop, dry cleaning, energy, food and beverage, manufacturing, medical and dental, natural gas, pharmaceutical, plastics, woodworking and others. They understand industrial challenges and the solutions needed to overcome them. To learn more about Mattei compressors and how they can benefit your specific applications, visit www.matteicomp.com.
- Talladega Stats… Hayley will make his 15th NCWTS track debut of 2015 at Talladega Superspeedway on Saturday. Before 2015, Hayley had experience on three NCWTS tracks on the 2015 schedule; Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Texas Motor Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Season Review… After 18 races this season, Hayley has completed 2601 of 2726 laps attempted (95.4%) and led 77 laps en route to three top-five and nine top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver currently has a season-best start of third at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway, Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, and New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, and a season-best finish of fourth at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway.
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently third in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, 21 points behind second-place, Daniel Hemric. Both Sunoco Rookie of the Year contenders are chasing leader, Erik Jones.
- Previous Race Recap… Qualifying sixth in his debut at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Hayley got off to a quick start in the Rhino Linings 350, remaining in contention with the leaders for the entirety of the 146-lap event, including leading the field for 23 laps. However, with fuel mileage becoming a factor as the laps wound down, Hayley ran out of fuel with two laps to go, relinquishing him to a 10th-place finish.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 21 starts since 2014
- Three top-five finishes
- 11 top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 4th (Pocono, 2015)
- Has completed 2992 of 3117 laps attempted (95.9%)
- Average start: 7.7
- Average finish: 11.4
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 2.66-mile oval
Distance: 94 laps/250.04 miles