Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Texas (Motor Speedway) is really fast since the repave, but it’s really treacherous if you get out of the groove. Turns 3, and 4 have a lot of banking, so you can really lean on it there, but Turn 1 is flat, so it’s very tough to get through. We are bringing the same RIDE TV Tundra that we raced at Texas earlier this year, and had a lot of speed with.”
- This Week’s No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s JAG Metals 350 at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a third-place finish earlier this season in the “Lone Star State.”
- Texas-Sized Stats… Enfinger made his track debut at TMS earlier this season. The RIDE TV driver started fifth, and finished third.
- RIDE Presents… Enfinger, and fellow teammate, Cody Coughlin, traded in their firesuits for cowboy hats, when they visited Fort Worth, TX earlier this season to film, “RIDE Presents: From Stock Cars to Stockyards.” The duo went go-kart racing with the Mayor (Betsy Price), participated in a cattle drive in the Stockyards, had dinner at Horseshoe Hill, and had custom cowboy hats made at Best Hats. The duo also learned how to ride a (mechanical) bull, lasso a stationary bull, and perform the two-step, before attending the rodeo at the Stockyards.
- Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver currently leads the charge in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, by 10 points over second-place Chase Briscoe.
- Season Update… In 20 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 40 laps en route to nine top-five, and 13 top-10 finishes, with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
- Truck Series Stats… In 34 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 90 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 11 top-five, and 18 top-10 finishes.
Driver Point Standings: 10th
Owner Point Standings: 12th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender