Chatting with Ben Rhodes…
“Our mile-and-a-half program has been our strongpoint this season, so I definitely think we can get a win. The challenge is going to be once again with the new surface and making sure we qualify up front for track position. Texas Motor Speedway is a very fast racetrack with a lot of grip, and we’ve performed quite well at tracks that have a lot of grip.”
- This Week’s No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra… The No. 27 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 37 for Friday night’s JAG Metals 350 at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). “Marshmallow,” is the same chassis Ben Rhodes piloted to a fourth-place finish at Dover International Speedway, an 11th-place finish at Michigan International Speedway, and the same chassis the ThorSport Racing driver piloted to victory lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, earlier this season.
- Texas-Sized Stats… Rhodes has made three starts at TMS since 2016. The Safelite driver’s success includes a track-best start of seventh (2017), and a track-best finish of fifth (2017).
- Round of 6… Rhodes, who is currently fourth in the 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Playoffs, is looking to lock himself in to the Championship 4 on Friday night at TMS. With the top-four drivers transferring to the Championship 4, following Phoenix International Raceway on November 10, the Safelite AutoGlass driver needs to win, or maintain a top-four position in points, to race for the title in the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway later this month.
- 2017 Season Stats… In 20 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has earned one pole (Pocono), and led 160 laps en route to one win (Las Vegas), six top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes.
- Truck Series Stats… In 47 NCWTS races, Rhodes has two poles, and has led 215 laps en route to one win, nine top-five, and 20 top-10 finishes.
Driver Point Standings: 4th
Owner Point Standings: 10th
2017 Playoff Position: 4th