No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Chicagoland Speedway – Overton’s 225
Race No. 11 of 23
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 4th
Owner Point Standings: 6th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Overton’s 225 at Chicagoland Speedway. This chassis has been run three times this season at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (fourth), Kansas Speedway (eight), and Texas Motor Speedway (fourth).
- Windy City Stats… Enfinger has made two starts at Chicagoland Speedway since 2016. The Champion Power Equipment driver finished sixth in 2016, and fifth in 2017.
- Intermediate Track Facts… In six starts on an intermediate-size (1.5-mile) track this season, Enfinger has led 47 laps en route to two top-five, and four top-10 finishes.
- Race Rewind – Gateway… Enfinger earned his second career pole, and led 34 laps at Gateway Motorsports Park, but a problem on pit road and ultimately multiple flat left rear tires, resulted in 21st-place finish for the No. 98 team.
- 2018 Stats… In 10 starts this season, Enfinger has one pole (Gateway), and has led 49 laps en route to three top-five, and six top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best start of third (Martinsville), and three season-best finishes of fourth (Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Martinsville Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 47 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 140 laps led en route to one pole (Daytona, 2016), one win (Talladega, 2016), 14 top-five and 26 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Chicago… Enfinger will join fellow ThorSport Racing teammates, and other NCWTS drivers, for an autograph session, Friday, June 29, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. CT, located at Champions Park – west of the grandstands, outside of Chicagoland Speedway.
- About Champion Power Equipment… Champion Power Equipment is a market leader in power generation equipment. Champion has years of experience providing dependable and durable power products designed and engineered in the U.S. for the North American and world markets. For home, work or play, Champion products are the standard of performance excellence. We make the power that makes your life easier. For more information visit, ChampionPowerEquipment.com.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Chicago has some pretty big bumps and the asphalt wears the tires a good bit. It’s important to be able to manage both of those aspects well. Fortunately, there are multiple grooves so you can move around from the top to the bottom. This is a big week for Champion Power Equipment. There are a lot of guests coming in for the race, and we’re going to be doing some campground visits with those guys, meeting all the fans. So hopefully, we can have a strong showing for them Friday night.”