Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
“I’m pumped about getting to some new tracks this year, and I’m really excited about getting to Dover. It’s a tough, high-banked, fast-paced mile that demands respect as a driver, and requires some finesses. Some drivers have even compared coming out of the corners, onto the backstretch, as something similar to a rollercoaster, so I guess they don’t call it the ‘Monster Mile’ for nothing. In 2016, I was at the track for the first time as a mechanic, so being behind the wheel this time around will be an experience, and I can’t wait.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 52 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Bar Harbor 200 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway (DIS). This is the same chassis Johnny Sauter piloted to two top-five and four top-10 finishes in five starts in 2015, and Rico Abreu piloted twice in 2016.
- The Down Low on Dover… Grant Enfinger will make his DIS debut in Friday night’s 200-lap event at the 1-mile concrete oval.
- Race Rewind – Charlotte… In his Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway debut, Enfinger started 16th, ran as high as fourth, and finished seventh.
- Rookie Stripe: The RIDE TV driver is currently third in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings after five of 23 races this season.
- Catch Grant at Dover… Enfinger, along with his TSR teammates will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Friday, June 2 from 12:30-1:15pm ET at the Delaware Office of Highway Safety display, located in the Midway Fan Zone at DIS.
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 19 since 2010
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 7
- Laps Completed: 2,435
- Laps Led: 68
- Start: 12.9
- Finish: 13.6
Driver Point Standings: 7th
Owner Point Standings: 9th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- Stage 1 – 45 laps (concludes at lap 45)
- Stage 2 – 45 laps (concludes at lap 90)
- Stage 3 – 110 laps (concludes at lap 200)
Date: Friday, June 2
Time: 5:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1-mile concrete oval
Distance: 200 Laps, 200 Miles