Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
“Chicago changes more through the course of a race than any other track we go to. The way the sun sets on the track, it seems to make a big difference with temperature changes. Plus, they’ve paved a lot of our really cool intermediate tracks, but they haven’t paved Chicago, so it has a lot of character. The track is really bumpy, and you give up a lot of grip throughout the course of a run. If you can maintain more throttle longer into a run, your going to run really good there. Driver and crew chief communication is key, as far as keeping up with adjustments, because of how much the track changes through the course of a race.”
Driver Point Standings: 7th
Owner Point Standings: 9th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender – 1st (+1)
2017 Stage Wins: 0
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 73
2017 Playoff Points: 0
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 42 for Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Chicagoland 225 at Chicagoland Speedway. Former ThorSport Racing driver, Johnny Sauter, piloted this particular chassis to a fifth-place finish in 2015 at the 1.5-mile track.
- Calling The Shots… Crew chief Jeff Hensley, and car chief Josh Hankish, will be back atop the pit box for Friday night’s Chicagoland 225 after a two-race suspension following Michigan International Speedway last month.
- Windy City Stats… Grant Enfinger has one start at Chicagoland Speedway (2016) in the NCWTS, and five starts in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards at the 1.5-mile track. In his lone NCWTS start, the Jive Communications driver started 14th, and finished sixth, completing all of the scheduled laps.
- Intermediate Track Facts…Enfinger has 12 starts on an Intermediate-size track in the NCWTS. Included in those starts are two top-five, and five top-10 finishes.
- Playoff Status… Enfinger’s 2017 Playoff berth comes down to Friday night’s NCWTS race at Chicagoland Speedway. Seven of the eight drivers have clinched their spot, and the ThorSport Racing driver is still looking to lock his No. 98 Toyota Tundra into the first round of 8, which kicks-off next week at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Enfinger is currently 10th in the Playoff standings, and he can clinch his Playoff berth with a win, or on points, based on a repeat winner and help from other drivers.
- Rookie Stripe: Enfinger is currently leading the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings after 15 of 23 races this season by one point over second-place Chase Briscoe.
- Race Rewind – Canada…. In his track debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Enfinger started 16th, finished 15th in Stage 1, fourth in Stage 2, and 13th in the NCWTS 250.
- Catch Grant at Chicago…Enfinger, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the Chicagoland Speedway autograph session on Friday, September 15 at 1:00 p.m. in the Infield Fan Zone.
Enfinger’s Chicago ARCA Stats:
- Starts: 1 since 2009
- Wins: 0
- Poles: 0
- Laps Completed: 500 of 500 (100%)
- Laps Led: 0
- Top-5 Finishes: 3
- Top-10 Finishes: 5
- Best Start: 5th (2015)
- Best Finish: 2nd (2009 & 2015)
Enfinger’s 2017 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 15
- Wins: 0
- Poles: 0
- Laps Completed: 2125 of 2235 (95.1%)
- Laps Led: 23
- Top-5 Finishes: 6
- Top-10 Finishes: 9
- Best Start: 5th (Texas)
- Best Finish: 3rd (Dover & Texas)
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 29, since 2010
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 8
- Top-10 Finishes: 14
- Laps Completed: 3,780
- Laps Led: 73
- Start: 11.9
- Finish: 11.8
Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
Stage 3 – 80 laps (concludes at lap 150)
Broadcast Schedule – Chicago:
Friday, September 15:
- 5:00 p.m. ET – NCWTS Qualifying (FOX Sports 1)
- 8:00 p.m. ET – NCWTS Setup (FOX Sports 1)
- 8:30 p.m. ET – Chicagoland 225 (FOX Sports 1)
Date: Friday, September 15. 2017
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1.5-mile tri-oval
Distance: 150 laps/225 miles