Chatting with Cody Coughlin…
“My spotter, Terry Cook, does a great job helping me prepare for each track we go to, especially the new ones. I’ll study the notes that he usually gives me and we’ll go from there, and hopefully be strong right off the truck on Friday.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 14th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- This Week’s No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 36 for Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR). This is the same chassis Cody Coughlin piloted at Iowa Speedway (12th), and Bristol Motor Speedway (17th), earlier this season.
- Phoenix Profile… Although Coughlin will make his 34th career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start on Friday night at PIR, the RIDE TV driver will be making his track debut at the one-mile oval.
- Calling The Shots… Rich Lushes, former truck chief for the No. 13 ThorSport Racing team, will once again call the shots for Coughlin at PIR. Lushes, who acted as crew chief at Texas Motor Speedway last weekend, was Coughlin’s Pro Late Models (JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour) crew chief in 2011, when the JEGS driver won the Rookie of the Year title.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 33 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of sixth at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (2017).
- Catch Coughlin at Phoenix… Coughlin will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, Nov. 10 from 1:00-1:45pm MST in the Fan Midway (next to the Busch Garage) at PIR. The session is first-come, first-serve.