Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his third career start at Michigan International Speedway (MIS) in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) LTi Printing 200. Starting 15th, Coughlin battled a, “tight-in, free-off” Toyota Tundra in the opening Stages of the 100-lap event. Finishing 13th in Stage 1, and 14th in Stage 2, crew chief Michael Shelton took a gamble on the final pit stop, taking fuel only. Restarting fifth in the final Stage, Coughlin got tagged from behind on the restart, making hard contact with the inside safer barrier on the frontstretch. The RIDE TV driver would settle for a 21st-place finish behind race winner, Darrell Wallace, Jr.
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 15th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
“I got tagged from behind on that restart, and got turned to the inside wall. Thankfully that was a safer barrier, and thankfully my guys at ThorSport Racing build safe Tundra’s for me to race. It was an unfortunate way to end the day, but we’ll go to Bristol and hopefully run well there.”
- The NCWTS had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s LTi Printing 200 at MIS. Cody Coughlin was 14th-quick, respectively, in each session.
- Starting 15th in the 100-lap event, Coughlin finished 13th in Stage 1, 14th in Stage 2, and 21st in the LTi Printing 200 on Saturday, due to a lap 66 accident on the frontstretch.
- In three starts at the 2-mile D-shaped oval, Coughlin has a track-best finish of 20th.
- In 13 starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-10 (Pocono), and five top-15 finishes.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished sixth (Crafton), eighth (Enfinger), and 11th (Rhodes)
- Up Next: The UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday, August 16 at 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1