Chatting with Cody Coughlin…
“We had a really good run going at Martinsville in the spring, until the last lap of the race. I’m looking forward to this weekend, and hopefully having another good run, especially with our pink Toyota Tundra that we’re running for breast cancer awareness. This is a very emotional month for me and my family, and many families, so hopefully we can have a good run for that reason as well.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 14th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- This Week’s No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 49 for Saturday’s Texas Roadhouse 200 at Martinsville Speedway. This is the same chassis Cody Coughlin piloted earlier this season at the .526-mile “Paperclip.” Additionally, the JEGS driver piloted this particular chassis at Gateway Motorsports Park (12th), and New Hampshire Motor Speedway (12th).
- Pink at the Paperclip… Coughlin will pilot a pink JEGS Toyota Tundra, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, in Saturday’s Texas Roadhouse 200 at Martinsville Speedway. Like most families, the Coughlin family has suffered losses due to the horrible disease, which has led them to do something extraordinary in the hopes of one day finding a cure for cancer. The Coughlin family, through the JEGS Foundation, has donated $10 million to the The Ohio State University Foundation for cancer treatment and research at The Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, and hope to continue that strive for a cure, through Coughlin’s driving exploits in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race.
- The Power of Pink… Each October, for the past few years, Coughlin has delivered care packages to cancer survivors, those fighting cancer, and their families. Additionally, the ThorSport Racing driver passed out T-Shirts at a local mammography center in Ohio, and over the past three years has handed out over 5000 pieces of awareness items during the Winchester 400 race weekend.
- Martinsville Stats… Coughlin made his Martinsville Speedway debut earlier this season (April, 2017). The JEGS driver started 27th and finished 19th.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 31 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of sixth at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (2017).
- Catch Coughlin at Martinsville… Coughlin will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, October 27 from 5:00-5:45pm ET in front of the main ticket office at Martinsville Speedway.