Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
Although you will be making your debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on Sunday, you have experience on a road course in the ARCA Racing Series. Do you feel like that experience will help you this weekend?
“I enjoyed racing at Millville (New Jersey Motorsports Park) in ARCA. It was certainly a different challenge, but it was fun and we had a competitive run, finishing inside the top-10. Canadian Tire (Motorsport Park) will be a new challenge for me this weekend, but I’m looking forward to it. I’m just glad I at least have some competitive experience with road course racing heading into this weekend. I’m excited to see what we can do on Sunday.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 15th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
2017 Stage Wins: 0
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 1
2017 Playoff Points: 0
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 23 for Sunday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) 250 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). This is the same chassis Canada native Cameron Hayley piloted to a seventh-place finish in 2015, and TSR teammate, Ben Rhodes piloted in 2016 at the 2.459-mile road course.
- Canada eh… Although Cody Coughlin will be making his 27th career NCWTS start at CTMP, the JEGS driver will be making his track debut north of the border on Sunday.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 17th, in the series’ last stop at Bristol Motor Speedway, is currently seventh in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, after 14 of 23 races this season.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 26 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of eighth at Pocono Raceway (2017).
- Rearview Mirror – Bristol… Starting eighth in his track debut at Bristol Motor Speedway, Coughlin finished 13th in Stage 1, 11th in Stage 2, and 17th in the UNOH 200.
- Catch Cody at Canada… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Saturday, September 2 from 2:00-2:45 p.m. ET under the tent in Paddock E at CTMP.
Stage 1 – 20 laps (concludes at lap 20)
Stage 2 – 20 laps (concludes at lap 40)
Stage 3 – 24 laps (concludes at lap 64)
Broadcast Schedule – Canada:
Saturday, September 2:
- 5:30 p.m. ET – NCWTS Qualifying
Sunday, September 3:
- 2:00 p.m. ET – NCWTS Setup Show
- 2:30 p.m. ET – NCWTS 250
Date: Sunday, Sept. 3
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 2.459-mile road course
Distance: 64 laps/157.37 miles