Crew Chief: Eddie Troconis
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Point Standings: 12th
2016 Owner Point Standings: 13th
Sounding Off – Cameron Hayley:
Can you apply what you’ve learned at other mile-and-a-half tracks this year, at Texas this weekend?
“I made my Texas Motor Speedway debut back in 2014 with Turner Scott Motorsports, so I’ve actually raced at Texas three times now – Friday will be my fourth. So, out of all the tracks I’ve been to, Texas should be my best track – the one I’ve had the most experience on. Therefore, I know a lot about Texas, and I remember a lot about the track. We will be taking what we learned at Charlotte, our last mile-and-a-half track, and what I’ve learned at Texas in the past, and apply it this weekend, for sure.”
Cup guys say Texas is becoming more “racy” as it ages. Are you seeing that in the trucks?
“Yes, for sure. We started seeing it last year. It’s becoming more like Atlanta (Motor Speedway) – worn out. Every year, the winters wear the track out a little more. So, it’s becoming harder and harder on tires, and at that point, we start moving around, moving up the track. Last year, we saw it, and I think we will start to see it more and more.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Information…The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 38 for Friday night’s Rattlesnake 400 at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). This is the same chassis that Hayley piloted at Charlotte Motor Speedway (15th) last month, and three times in 2015 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (14th), Charlotte (14th), and Dover International Speedway (21st).
- Intermediate Data… In three intermediate track starts in 2016, Hayley has an Average Start of 12.6, and an Average Finish of 12.0.
- In The Loop – 2016… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Hayley is scored sixth in Average Running Position (10.2), fifth in Driver Rating (90.5), and fourth in Laps in the Top-15 (761).
- Texas Rewind – June, 2015… Hayley started eighth, led three laps, and finished seventh in the spring race at TMS.
- Rearview Mirror – Charlotte… Making his second career start at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Hayley started 18th, ran as high as third, and finished 15th.
Hayley’s Texas NCWTS Stats:
- 3 starts since 2014
- 466 of 466 laps completed (100%)
- 4 Laps Led
- Top-Five Finishes: 0
- Top-10 Finishes: 3
- Best Start: 5th (2014)
- Best Finish: 7th (Spring, 2015)
- Average Start: 9.0
- Average Finish: 9.0
Hayley’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 6
- Top-5 Finishes: 1 (Atlanta)
- Top-10 Finishes: 2 (Atlanta, and Martinsville)
- Best Start: 4th (Martinsville, and Dover)
- Best Finish: 2nd (Atlanta)
- Lap Completed: 977 of 989 (98.8%)
- Laps Led: 21
- Average Start: 10.0
- Average Finish: 14.8
Hayley’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 32 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2015
- Top-5 Finishes: 5
- Top-10 Finishes: 17
- Laps Completed: 4698 of 4835 (97.2%)
- Laps Led: 99
- Start: 8.5
- Finish: 11.5
- Best start: 2nd, Loudon (2014), and Martinsville (Oct., 2015)
- Best finish: 2nd, Atlanta Motor Speedway (2016)
Hayley’s 2015 NCWTS Stats:
- Finished sixth in the driver point standings
- Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender
- Four top-five finishes
- 13 top-10 finishes
- 78 laps led
- Best start: 2nd (Martinsville, October)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, October)