Crew Chief: Eddie Troconis
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Points: 9th
2016 Owner Points: 10th
Sounding Off – Cameron Hayley:
You are going to your home track this weekend where you’ve had a couple starts and some pretty decent runs. Is this a track that you can get your first Truck Series win on?
“Yeah, for sure. I think it definitely is. My first start there in a truck was a little bit of a learning curve, but last year we took to the track really well. We had some good practice runs, qualified well, raced well, led a bunch of laps, and had a fellow Canadian actually take me out, and we messed up a part on the truck. That kind of ruined our day, but we still had a pretty decent finish. So, we have the ability to run up front, and lead laps, and I think that’s all we need going into this race. I think we have the capabilities, and the truck we are brining has the capabilities to give us a good shot at it.”
Do you like road course racing?
“I do enjoy road racing. I wish we did it more. Obviously, coming from the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and West, we raced at a road course twice, if not more, a year. It’s tough for us to go from all these ovals to one road course a year, and then back to all these ovals. With Xfinity going to three road courses, and cup doing a few, they at least have a chance to get into a rhythm and get their mind set on it. Versus us, where we do one, and then get right back into it. It’s tough, so I just wish we did more.”
What’s the most challenging thing about CTMP from the driver seat?
“I would say the high speeds, and elevation changes. There are a lot of off camera corners, and when you combine that with the high speeds, you get a bit of a challenge.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter…The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 32 for Sunday’s NCWTS 250 at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (CTMP). This chassis will make its debut this season.
- Headed Home eh’… Calgary, Alberta, Canada native, Cameron Hayley, is the only full-time Canadian driver in the NCWTS field in 2016. Hayley’s home town is about 3,475 kilometers (2,159 miles or 33 hours) from Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada, site of Sunday’s third annual NCWTS event at the 2.459-mile road course. Roughly, the same distance between New York and Washington State.
- Road Course Stats… Hayley has nine road course starts across NASCAR’s K&N Pro Series East and West divisions. His success includes, one pole, 74 laps led, three top-five, and seven top-10 finishes.
- Canada Stats… Hayley will return to CTMP for the third time in his young NCWTS career for Sunday’s 64-lap event. In two prior starts at the Bowmanville, ONT track, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 13 laps (2015) en route to one top-10 finish.
- In The Loop – Canada… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Hayley ranks fifth in Average Running Position (8.75), sixth in Driver Rating (86.7), and sixth in Laps in the Top 15 (120) entering this weekend’s event at CTMP.
- Let’s RIDE… RIDE TV, a 24-hour, high-definition, television network, dedicated to providing quality entertainment to equestrian and agriculture enthusiasts, will make their third of 10 starts onboard the No. 13 Toyota Tundra this weekend at CTMP.
- Race Rewind – Canada, 2015… Hayley started seventh, led the field once for 13 laps, and finished seventh, a track-best.
- Rearview Mirror – Michigan… Making his second career NCWTS start at Michigan International Speedway, the RIDE TV driver started 14th, ran as high as second, and finished fifth.
Hayley’s CTMP NCWTS Stats:
- Two starts since 2014
- 128 of 128 laps completed (100%)
- 13 laps led (2015)
- One top-10 (2015)
- Best Start: 7th (2015)
- Best Finish: 7th (2015)
- Average Start: 8.5
- Average Finish: 9.0
Hayley’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 14
- Top-5 Finishes: 4
- Top-10 Finishes: 7
- Best Start: 2nd (Iowa Speedway)
- Best Finish: 2nd (Atlanta & Pocono)
- Lap Completed 2149 of 2176 (98.8%)
- Laps Led: 21
- Average Start: 10.1
- Average Finish: 12.7
Hayley’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 40 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2015
- Top-5 Finishes: 8
- Top-10 Finishes: 22
- Laps Completed: 5870
- Laps Led: 99
- Start: 8.8
- Finish: 11.4
- Best start: 2nd, Loudon (2014), Martinsville (Oct., 2015), and Iowa (2016)
- Best finish: 2nd, Atlanta Motor Speedway & Pocono International Raceway (2016)
Hayley’s 2015 NCWTS Stats:
- Finished sixth in the driver point standings
- Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender
- Top-5 Finishes: 4
- Top-10 Finishes: 13
- 78 laps led
- Best start: 2nd (Martinsville, October)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, October)
Date: Sunday, September 4, 2016
Time: 2:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, and MRN Radio
Track: 2.459-mile road course
Distance: 64 laps/157.37 miles