Crew Chief: Rich Lushes
Driver Point Standings: 8th
Owner Point Standings: 10th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
Spotter: Brett Griffin
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 13 Louisiana Hot Sauce Ford F-150… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 53 for this weekend’s race at the “Monster Mile,” Dover International Speedway. Last hitting the track at Texas Motor Speedway in the fall of 2017, the truck has accumulated two top-10 finishes in 2016 at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Michigan International Speedway, while raking in one top-five and four top-10 finishes in 2015 (Kentucky Speedway, Pocono Raceway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway).
- Spicing Things Up… Making their 2018 season debut, Louisiana Hot Sauce, a longtime supporter of NCWTS rookie driver Myatt Snider, will emblazon the side of his No. 13 Ford F-150 at the “Monster Mile” this weekend. The New Iberia, Louisiana-based company, a subsidiary of Southeastern Mills, has partnered with Snider since his debut win at Toledo Speedway in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards in 2016. Since then, Louisiana Hot Sauce has moved up the stock car ranks with Snider, continuing their support of him in his Sunoco Racing Rookie of the Year pursuit.
- Rookie Run… Making his track debut this weekend at Dover, Snider hopes for mercy from “Miles the Monster.” Not known to be kind to drivers, “Miles” has shown some mercy to rookies in the past, with Snider potentially becoming the third rookie winner in NCWTS competition at Dover if he goes to Victory Lane this weekend. Two rookies have won in 18 NCWTS races at the “Monster Mile” – Kurt Busch in 2000 and Scott Speed in 2008.
- Aiming High with the Air Force… Snider, along with the entire ThorSport Racing organization, will welcome members of the 436th Airlift Wing to the “Monster Mile” on JEGS 200 race day, Friday, May 4. Home to approximately 3,323 active duty airmen, the unit, known as the “Eagle Wing” and housed at nearby Dover Air Force Base, flies hundreds of missions throughout the world and provides 25 percent of the Nation’s strategic airlift capability, projecting global reach to over 100 countries around the world.
- Catch Snider at Dover… Snider will join fellow ThorSport Racing teammates for the NCWTS autograph session at the Office of Highway Safety Display in the Fan Zone at Dover International Speedway from 11-11:45 a.m. ET, Friday, May 4. Additionally, Snider takes the Ford Display Stage at noon ET, Friday, May 4, for a fan Q&A in the Midway.
Chatting with Myatt Snider…
“As a rookie, the best way to prepare for a track you haven’t competed at is to lean on teammates and friends that you know who have ran there in the past, as well as watching film. I’ve had a long time to prepare for this one, and my No. 13 Louisiana Hot Sauce Ford crew have been fast there before. I feel confident about the race this weekend, and it’s awesome to have Louisiana Hot Sauce on board with me again. To have a company stick by your side, and your racing career just, inspires so much confidence. I can’t thank everyone from Southeastern Mills enough for their continued support.”