Crew Chief: Carl “Junior” Joiner, Jr.
2019 Driver Point Standings: 6th
2019 Owner Point Standings: 8th
Spotter: Jason Hedlesky
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 88 Menards Ford F-150: The ThorSport Racing team will unload the No. 88 Menards truck following a 14th-place finish at Atlanta last weekend.
- Intermediate Track Facts: No current NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series driver is better at intermediate-size (1.5 or 1.54-mile) tracks than Crafton. In 155 starts, the ThorSport Racing driver has nine wins, eight poles, and has led 1,231 laps en route to 14 runner-up finishes, 50 top-five and 97 top-10 finishes.
- Take me back to Las Vegas 1, 2018: Starting 12th, Crafton finished 10th in Stage 1 and looked poised to contend for the win in the Stratosphere 200. Unfortunately, a part failure left the ThorSport Racing driver with a 29th-place finish.
- Take me back to Las Vegas Again, 2018: Starting 29, Crafton finished eighth in Stage 1 and second in Stage 2. A contender for the win Crafton had to check up a little in the closing laps of the race causing loss in momentum that resulted in a fifth-place finish.
- 2019 Stats: In two starts this season, Crafton has led four laps en route to one top-five finish (Daytona). The Menards driver best start this year is 10th (Atlanta), and he has an average start of 12.5, and an average finish of 9.5.
- Catch Matt at Vegas: Crafton will join his fellow ThorSport Racing teammates for the NGOTS Autograph Session, in the Neon Garage in the infield at LVMS, from 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. PT Friday, March 1.
Chatting with Matt Crafton:
“I always look forward to the Las Vegas race weekend having being from the west coast. We’ve had a lot of success at Vegas over the years even though I’m still looking to get a win at the track. I hope this weekend we can change that and be locked into the playoffs.”