Chatting with Matt Crafton…
How will you approach the race Friday night at Homestead?
“I have no friends. All my friends are going to come in yellow fire suits with Menards on them. We’re going to take our gloves off, and I promise you that we’re going to have no friends going into that race. We’re going to do whatever it takes to win.”
Having won two championships previously, do you have an advantage at Homestead?
“Without a doubt. I have nothing to lose, to be honest, and I’ve done it twice. I don’t think there’s anybody that has an advantage, it’s whoever has the best truck, and the best man will win Friday night. If it’s meant to be, it will happen, and if not, we have 2018 to focus on. I’m looking forward to it.”
2017 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2017 Owner Point Standings: 2nd
2017 Playoff Position: 3rd
- This Week’s No. 88 Black Label Bacon/Menards Toyota Tundra… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 56 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). This is the same chassis Matt Crafton piloted to a runner-up finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway earlier this season.
- Miami Minute… Crafton has made 16 starts at HMS since 2001. The ThorSport Racing driver’s success includes one pole (2015), and 141 laps led en route to one win (2015), three top-five, and eighth top-10 finishes.
- That’s a Stat… Among active series drivers, who are entered in Friday night’s 134-lap event at HMS, Crafton has the most starts (16), is one of two drivers with a win, is one of three drivers with three top-five finishes, has the most top-10 finishes (8), is the only driver entered with a pole, has completed the most laps (2185), and has led the most laps (141).
- Championship 4… Crafton, a two-time NCWTS champion, clinched his third consecutive Playoff berth following last Friday night’s race at Phoenix International Raceway. The Menards driver will be one of four drivers vying for the title in Friday night’s season finale at HMS.
- Intermediate Track Facts… No current NCWTS driver is better at Intermediate-size tracks (1.5-miles) than Crafton. The ThorSport Racing driver has more starts (127), laps (18,548), second-place finishes (13), top-five (41), and top-10 finishes (80), than any other NCWTS driver entering Friday’s 22nd annual event at HMS.
- Season Stats… In 22 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has one win (Eldora), one pole (Michigan), and has led 321 laps en route to five top-five, and 15 top-10 finishes.
- Career Stats…In 406 NCWTS starts, Crafton has earned 13 poles, and led 2456 laps en route to 14 wins, 102 top-five, and 241 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Crafton at Homestead… Crafton will join his fellow Championship 4 contenders for an autograph session on Friday, Nov. 17 from 2:00-2:30pm ET at the Fanatics Stage at HMS.