Crew Chief: Carl “Junior” Joiner
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 NCWTS Driver Point Standings: 6th
2016 NCWTS Owner Point Standings: 6th
Sounding Off – Matt Crafton:
What do you think has kept you from victory lane at Dover?
“We’ve been good there – finished second, and had a handful of top five runs. We’ve definitely been close, but no cigar. I look forward to going to Dover, it’s definitely one of my favorite race tracks. It’s just a lot of fun. You have a lot of tire fall off, and multiple grooves. As a race car driver you always want that ability to move around. I know the fans always like it because it makes for a great race. I’m not gonna lie, Dover is one of those race tracks I want to win at so bad, if for nothing else the trophy. Miles the Monster trophy – you can’t get anything cooler, really. I’ve got some cool trophies in my collection, no doubt, but Miles, he’s cool and I want one really bad.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 48 for Friday’s Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway (DIS). This is the same chassis Crafton piloted to two wins at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and Texas Motor Speedway (June), and two poles at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway (October) in 2015.
- The Down Low on Dover… Among active series drivers, Crafton has the most starts (15), is tied with Kyle Busch for the most top-five finishes (4), has the most top-10 finishes (9), has completed the most laps (2575), and has the most lead lap finishes.
- In The Loop – 2016… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Crafton ranks first in the following categories – Average Running Position (6.926), Driver Rating (104.3), Fastest Drivers Late in a Run, Fastest Laps Run (59), Laps in the Top 15 (600), Laps Led (138), and Mile Leaders (215.04).
- Dover Rewind – 2015 … Crafton started third, led the field once for three laps, and suffered a pit road penalty for “too fast exiting” while running second, and finished fifth.
- Kansas Review… The Menards driver started 13th, led the field twice for 57 laps, and finished second.
- Major Milestone…The Tulare, California native extended the NCWTS record for consecutive starts to 365 in the Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas, passing four-time NCWTS champion Ron Hornaday, Jr with 360 starts in the 2015 NCWTS season finale at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway. Crafton made his series debut at Auto Club Speedway in November 2000, and enters his 16th full-time season in the NCWTS, and his 15th full-time season with ThorSport Racing in 2016.
- Chi-Chi’s… Bring a fiesta to the table withCHI-CHI’S® salsa and foods. Use CHI-CHI’S® products to create quick and easy Mexican meals at home. Taste the goodness and zesty blends of tomatoes, veggies and Mexican spices. For more information visit: ChiChis.com
Crafton’s Dover Stats:
- 15 starts since 2001
- 2575 of 2951 laps completed (87.3%)
- 75 laps led
- Wins: 0
- Four top-five finishes
- Nine top-10 finishes
- Best start: 2nd (2014)
- Best finish: 2nd (2013)
- Average start: 14.8
- Average finish: 13.1
Crafton’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 4
- Top-5 Finishes: 1 (Kansas, 2nd)
- Top-10 Finishes: 3
- Poles: 1 (Atlanta)
- Best Finish: 2nd (Kansas)
- Laps Completed: 636 of 655 (97.1%)
- Laps Led: 138
Crafton’s Career NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 5 since 2000
- 11 wins
- 90 top-five finishes
- 213 top-10 finishes
- 12 poles
- 56,704 laps completed
- 1827 laps led
- Average start: 12.8
- Average finish: 11.5
Date: Friday, May 13
Time: 5:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1-mile concrete oval
Distance: 200 laps/200 miles