2015 Driver Point Standings: 1st (+2)
2015 Owner Point Standings: 1st
Crew Chief: Carl “Junior” Joiner
Sandusky, Ohio (May 4, 2015) – Following a solid performance at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley, gained seven positions in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) driver point standings, and now sits comfortably inside the top-10, in eighth, heading into the fourth race of the season at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS.
The 1.5-mile venue, which plays host to Friday night’s Toyota Tundra 250, will mark Hayley’s fourth track debut of the season. Although the young rookie has never raced at Kansas Speedway, he can look for guidance within the ThorSport Racing organization. Hayley’s two veteran teammates, Matt Crafton and Johnny Sauter are the only drivers entered in the 28-truck field that have won at the Midwestern track. Furthermore, his crew chief, Jeff Hensley has 11 NCWTS starts to his resume at Kansas, including two poles (Mike Skinner, 2006 and 2007), 204 laps led, six top-five and seven top-10 finishes.
Driving for the longest-tenured NCWTS organization, Hayley hopes to become the 15th different winner in Friday night’s 167-lap event at Kansas Speedway.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“Kansas is going to be a really good race for us. We’ve had our ups and downs already this year, but we’ve improved every time we’ve been out on the track. Between the first three races and our rookie test at Dover last week, Jeff (Hensley) and I have improved our communication a ton. I can’t wait to get to Kansas and improve some more and hopefully get a solid top five out of it.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 41 for Friday night’s Toyota Tundra 250. This chassis was last seen at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway in 2014, finishing 13th with driver Jeb Burton.
- Testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing… Hayley, a 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, participated in a rookie test at Dover International Speedway in Dover, DE on Thursday, April 29. Teammate and two-time champion, Matt Crafton, was on hand to mentor the rookie around the “Monster Mile.”
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently third in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after three races on the NCWTS schedule. The ThorSport Racing driver is a mere two points behind second-place Ray Black, Jr. and both trail leader, Erik Jones.
- Previous Race Recap… Making his track debut at Martinsville Speedway, Hayley qualified third for the Kroger 250, had an average running position of 5.8 and finished 11th, after getting hung out on the final restart and sliding into the wall. According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Hayley earned a Driver Rating of 101.2 in his Martinsville debut, ranked fifth overall.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- Six starts since 2014
- Two top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 6th (Loudon, 2014)
- Has completed 826 of 879 laps attempted (93.97%)
- Average start: 6.2
- Average finish: 12.5
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile
Distance: 167 laps/250.5 miles
Friday, May 8
- 4:45pm ET
Team Website: www.ThorSport.com
Driver Website: www.CameronHayley.com
Sponsor Website: www.CabinetsbyHayley.com