Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 5th
Owner Point Standings: 7th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Protect The Harvest Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 42 for Wednesday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. This particular chassis has made three starts this season with one top-10 finish (Atlanta Motor Speedway).
- Eldora Dirt… Grant Enfinger made his Eldora Speedway debut in the 2017 Eldora Dirt Derby. The ThorSport Racing driver started 11th and finished fourth in the 150-lap event.
- Dirt Trackin’… Before making his Eldora Speedway debut in 2017, Enfinger made eight starts on dirt in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds (4), a one-mile dirt oval, and the Illinois State Fairgrounds (4), a one-mile dirt track. In eight starts at both DuQuoin and Springfield, Enfinger has three poles, and has led 210 laps en route to three wins, four top-five and five top-10 finishes.
- Four to Go… Four races remain on the NCWTS schedule for Enfinger to secure a spot in the 2018 Playoffs – Eldora Speedway, Pocono Raceway, Michigan International Speedway and Bristol Motor Speedway. Currently, the ThorSport Racing driver is seventh in the Playoff standings with 410 points, 13 points ahead of teammate and eighth-place driver, Matt Crafton.
- Race Rewind – Kentucky… Enfinger started fifth, finished fifth in Stage 1, fifth in Stage 2, and sixth in the Buckle Up In Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
- 2018 Stats… In 12 starts this season, Enfinger has one pole (Gateway), and has led 49 laps en route to three top-five, and eight top-10 finishes. Additionally, the ThorSport Racing driver has three season-best finishes of fourth (Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Martinsville Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 49 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 140 laps led en route to two poles, one win (Talladega, 2016), 14 top-five and 28 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Eldora… Enfinger will join his fellow ThorSport Racing teammates for a series autograph session from 2:30 – 3:15 p.m. ET in the multipurpose building at Eldora Speedway, and will also participate in a Q&A at the Ford Display in the midway from 3:30 – 3:45 p.m. ET, Wednesday, July 18.
- Protect the Harvest… Protect The Harvest was created to defend and preserve the freedoms of American consumers, farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts and animal owners. Their objectives are to inform, protect and respond. For more information, visit: www.ProtectTheHarvest.com.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
You had a solid fourth-place finish at Eldora in 2017. Are you looking forward to getting back on dirt this week?
“I had a lot of fun at Eldora last year and learned the whole time I was there. In my opinion it’s the most entertaining NASCAR race of the year. It’s an exciting race – it always seems to have shake-ups, and attrition takes its toll. Our plan is to run up front and be a contender by the end of the race.”
You were able to go to the dirt track with your teammate Matt Crafton before Eldora. You even made some laps in his dirt modified. What did you learn in preparation of Eldora?
“I feel like working with (Matt) Crafton on his dirt modified this past weekend helped my mindset going into Eldora. Everything about dirt racing is different, so it’s good to spend some time around those tracks. I appreciate him letting me make a few laps in it after his race Saturday.”