Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 4th
Owner Point Standings: 5th
Playoff Position: 6th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 55 for Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Gander Outdoors 150 at Pocono Raceway. This particular chassis made its 2018 debut at Kentucky Speedway earlier this month, finishing sixth.
- Tricky Triangle Fast Facts… Although Grant Enfinger made his Pocono Raceway debut in the NCWTS in 2017 for ThorSport Racing, the Champion Power Equipment driver has eight starts in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards at the 2.5-mile track, including one win (2016). In 2017, Enfinger started 12th, ran as high as third, and finished 13th, due to a tire issue late in the 60-lap event.
- Three to Go… Three races remain on the NCWTS schedule for Enfinger to secure a spot in the 2018 Playoffs –Pocono Raceway, Michigan International Speedway and Bristol Motor Speedway, and three spots are still up for grabs. Currently, the ThorSport Racing driver is sixth in the Playoff standings, of the eight available positions, with 458 points, 21 points ahead of teammate and eighth-place driver, Matt Crafton.
- Race Rewind – Eldora… Enfinger, who started a track-best ninth, and teammate Chase Briscoe, went side-by-side beating and banging on the last lap of the Eldora Dirt Derby – a race characterized as the best finish in NCWTS history at Eldora Speedway – but came up 0.038 seconds short. Enfinger finished a track-best second in only his second start at the half-mile clay oval.
- 2018 Stats… In 13 starts this season, Enfinger has one pole (Gateway), and has led 50 laps en route to four top-five, and nine top-10 finishes. Additionally, the ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best finish of second (Eldora).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 50 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 141 laps led en route to two poles, one win (Talladega, 2016), 15 top-five and 29 top-10 finishes.
- About Champion Power Equipment… Champion Power Equipment is a market leader in power generation equipment. Champion has years of experience providing dependable and durable power products designed and engineered in the U.S. for the North American and world markets. For home, work or play, Champion products are the standard of performance excellence. Champion makes the power that makes your life easier. For more information, visit ChampionPowerEquipment.com.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Pocono is a lot different than all the other downforce tracks we go to. You enter Turn 1 with a lot of speed but it’s pretty tight. The tunnel turn is high speed, and Turn 3 is very flat, but it’s the most important turn because it sets you up for that long straightaway. Saturday’s race is short, 60 laps, but our plan has pretty much stayed the same all year, maximize our stage points and be in contention by the end of the race. With only three races remaining before the cutoff, I don’t see one track as being our best shot, I feel really good about our chances at all three tracks.”