Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 3rd
Owner Point Standings: 4th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 43 for Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville Speedway. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted at both Martinsville Speedway races in 2017 (17th, and 12th, respectively), and to two top-five finishes at Gateway Motorsports Park (fifth), and New Hampshire Motor Speedway (fourth).
- Martinsville Minute… Grant Enfinger will make his fourth start at the 0.526-mile “Paperclip” on Saturday. In three previous starts the Champion Power Equipment driver has a track-best start of 10th (April 2017), and a track-best finish of 12th (October 2017).
- Hometown Hero… Jeff Hensley, crew chief for the No. 98 Ford F-150, hails from Ridgeway, Virginia, located just 10 miles from Martinsville Speedway. Hensley, who has been in the NCWTS since 2004 has called the shots for 28 races at the 0.526-mile track and his success includes two wins (2007 sweep), five top-five and 11 top-10 finishes. Additionally, Hensley’s dad, Jimmy Hensley, won at Martinsville Speedway in the NCWTS on April 17, 1999, after leading 37 laps.
- Race Rewind – Las Vegas… Starting eighth, Enfinger finished 11th in Stage 1, ninth in Stage 2, and led four laps en route to a track-best fourth-place finish in the series last stop at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- 2018 Stats… In three starts this season, Enfinger has led six laps en route to one top-five and three top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best start of seventh (Daytona), and a season-best finish of fourth (Las Vegas).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 40 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 97 laps led en route to one pole (Daytona, 2016), one win (Talladega, 2016), 12 top-five and 23 top-10 finishes.
- Welcome Back… Champion Power Equipment, a market leader in the power equipment field, will be back on board the No. 98 Ford F-150 for their second race of the season at Martinsville Speedway. If you’re tailgating at Martinsville Speedway, with a Champion Power Equipment generator, tag Grant (@GrantEnfinger), Champion Power Equipment (@ChampionPowerEQ), and #PoweringChampions in a photo on Twitter, and Grant will stop by your campsite and say hello!
- Catch Grant at Martinsville… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, March 23, from 5:00 to 5:45 p.m. ET in front of the Martinsville Speedway Administration Building.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Martinsville is definitely a race of survival. It seems like you are always in traffic, but you need to take care of the brakes and fenders so you have something for the end. We struggled some there last year, but I feel like we have learned a lot since then. I’m looking for us to run up front, and be a factor.”