Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 5th
Owner Point Standings: 6th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Protect the Harvest Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) 37 Kind Days 250 at Kansas Speedway. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a fourth-place finish, after leading four laps, at Las Vegas Motor Speedway earlier this season.
- Race Rewind – Kansas (2017)… Enfinger made his track debut at Kansas Speedway in 2017. The ThorSport Racing driver overcame a spin on lap 12 to lead the 32-truck field once, for 14 laps. Running inside the top-10, with 30 laps remaining in the 167-lap event, Enfinger would get loose making a pass on the 7 truck and lose valuable track position. The ThorSport Racing driver would settle for an 11th-place finish.
- Kansas Speedway Success… Enfinger has six starts at the 1.5-mile track in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards. The Protect the Harvest driver has led 28 laps en route to four third-place finishes.
- Take Me Back – Dover… Starting 13th, Enfinger overcame early damage in the JEGS 200 to finish 14th at Dover International Speedway. The top-15 result was the ThorSport Racing driver’s first finish outside the top-10 in 2018.
- 2018 Stats… In five starts this season, Enfinger has led six laps en route to two top-five and four top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best start of third (Martinsville), and a season-best finish of fourth (Las Vegas and Martinsville).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 42 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 97 laps led en route to one pole (Daytona, 2016), one win (Talladega, 2016), 13 top-five and 24 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Kansas… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates on Friday, May 11 from 2:30-3:15 p.m. CT for the NCWTS autograph session at Kansas Speedway.
- Protect the Harvest… Protect The Harvest was created to defend and preserve the freedoms of American consumers, farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts, and animal owners. Their objectives are to inform, protect and respond. For more information visit: ProtectTheHarvest.com.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
Although you finished 11th at Kansas in 2017, you had a strong run, and have also had some success in the ARCA Racing Series at the 1.5-mile track. What are the keys to getting around Kansas, and what kind of challenges are presented in a one-day show (practice/qualify/race all in one day)?
“I like going to Kansas it has a lot of grip, and it’s had enough seasons since it’s last repave that you can move around on the track. It’s a relatively smooth track compared to some of the other intermediate tracks we go to. I think the one day shows are good for us, but it does make for a busy day. We don’t have quite as long to debrief and make decisions after practice to prepare for the race.”