Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 3rd
Owner Point Standings: 5th
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 52 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) NC Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS). This chassis was last seen at Michigan International Speedway in 2017, finishing eighth, and also scored two top-five finishes at Dover International Speedway (third), and Iowa Speedway (fourth).
- Race Rewind – Charlotte 2017… Enfinger made his track debut at CMS in 2017. Overcoming handling issues, two pit road penalties, and a late-race caution, the ThorSport Racing driver finished seventh.
- Double Duty… 2015 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Champion, Enfinger, will be pulling double-duty this weekend. In addition to piloting his No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150 at CMS, Enfinger will pilot the No. 78 entry, with Champion Power Equipment as the primary sponsor, for Mason Mitchell Motorsports in the Menards 200 at Toledo Speedway Sunday. The Mobile, AL native has seven starts at the half-mile track including a pole (2015), and three top-five finishes. Enfinger, who has 16 wins in the series since 2008, won in his last series start at Illinois State Fairgrounds (August 2017).
- Off-Road Fun… Enfinger will join fellow Champion Power Equipment driver, Casey Currie, at the Monster Energy display Friday afternoon to try his hand behind the wheel of a CanAm Maverick X3, and will go for a ride with Currie in his Pro 2 Truck (full-sized 2WD off-road truck designed for short course off-road racing).
- Take Me Back – Kansas… Starting fourth, Enfinger finished fifth in Stage 1, seventh in Stage 2, and brought home a track-best eighth-place finish in the 37 Kind Days 250 at Kansas Speedway.
- 2018 Stats… In six starts this season, Enfinger has led six laps en route to two top-five, and five top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best start of third (Martinsville), and a season-best finish of fourth (Las Vegas and Martinsville).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 43 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 97 laps led en route to one pole (Daytona, 2016), one win (Talladega, 2016), 13 top-five and 24 top-10 finishes.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
You seemed to have worked hard for your top-10 result in your track debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway last year. With that being said, is this a track you look forward to a solid run in your Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150?
“I’m looking forward to getting back to Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. As a team we’ve made a lot of progress with this No. 98 ThorSport Racing team since last year, and I’m looking forward to building on the top-10 run we had. It’s also a home track for me. I’ve lived in the Charlotte area now for more than 10 years, and I always have a big group of family and friends that come out to support me. Champion Power Equipment is back on board this weekend, so there are a lot of employees and guests that will be camping out and having fun. We always have a good time in the infield with those guys at Charlotte.”
You’ve had seven starts at Toledo Speedway, one pole, but no wins. However, you won in your last start in the ARCA Racing Series at Illinois State Fairgrounds, are you confident that you can find victory lane Sunday?
“Toledo (Speedway) is a place I really like, it’s got a lot of grip, and its fun to drive. I’ve had some success there, and I’ve run well there in the past, I’ve just had some bad luck, and I’ve never been able to seal the deal there. I love the ARCA Racing Series, and I like to get back there and drive, or either help out a team, anytime that I can. I’m truly thankful for this opportunity with Mason Mitchell Motorsports. I’m looking forward to a successful weekend, and putting on a good show for the fans.”