Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Vegas is very bumpy, so you have to figure that into the setup there. One day shows make for a very long day at the track, but I do feel like it helps the team owners cut some costs, so I like that part of it. I do feel like the track will change from practice to the race, but I don’t think it will be as much of a swing as some of the other places we go to.”
Driver Point Standings: 10th
Owner Point Standings: 12th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- This Week’s No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 42 for Saturday’s NCWTS race at Las Vegas. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a fifth-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway earlier this month.
- Sin City Stats… Enfinger has two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts at the 1.5-mile Las Vegas Motor Speedway (2012 & 2016). Included in his success is one lap led (2012), and one top-10 finish (2016). The Jive Communications driver has a track-best start of ninth (2012), and a track-best finish of 10th (2016).
- Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver currently leads the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings after 17 races this season by nine points over second-place Chase Briscoe.
- Season Update… In 17 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to eight top-five and 11 top-10 finishes with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
- Truck Series Stats… In 31 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 73 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 10 top-five, and 16 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Las Vegas… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Saturday, September 30 from 1:00-1:45 p.m. CT in the Neon Garage.