Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his second start at Kentucky Speedway in Thursday night’s rain delayed NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Buckle Up In Your Truck 225. Starting seventh when qualifying was cancelled due to weather, and the field was set based on the rule book – 2017 owner points – the RIDE TV driver looked strong in Stage 1, leading five laps, and finishing fourth. Unfortunately, following the restart for Stage 2, the ThorSport Racing driver was collected in a five truck pile-up in Turn 3, and relegated the ThorSport Racing driver to a 28th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
A tough corner for you and your race team, what happened?
“They just crashed in front of us there. I think it was everybody just being aggressive on restarts, but you’ve got to be. It’s so hard to pass. It’s just crazy on these restarts. It’s what makes the Camping World Truck Series so exciting, but you’ve got to go for it on those restarts, unfortunately. (David) Pepper (spotter) called it early for me, I just couldn’t get slowed down enough. I hate it for our ThorSport Racing guys, we had a really fast Ride TV Tundra. Ben (Rhodes) was fast too. This was a 100 percent, ThorSport truck. The guys did a great job with it, and hopefully we could build it back better than what it was.”
Was it a case of wrong place wrong time?
“Definitely wrong place, wrong time. We had a great Ride TV Toyota Tundra. Balance-wise we were pretty tight that first run too, and we still had speed. I felt really good about our chances tonight. Just unfortunate it ended up the way it did – everybody going wild on the restarts. That’s what makes these truck races so exciting to watch from home. It’s a little disappointing when you have nights like this for our team because they worked really hard on this truck. We had a great one here tonight.”
Laps Led: 5
Driver Points: 6th
Owner Points: 8th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Wednesday afternoon in preparation for Thursday night’s Buckle Up in Your Truck 225 at Kentucky Speedway. Grant Enfinger was first, and 11th, respectively in each session.
- Qualifying for the 20th annual event was cancelled on Thursday evening due to weather. The 32-truck field was set based on the rule book – 2017 owner points – and Enfinger rolled off from the seventh position for the 150-lap event.
- In his second start at Kentucky Speedway, Enfinger started seventh, led the field for five laps, and finished 28th, due to an early accident on lap 41 of 150.
- The RIDE TV driver earned a bonus point in Stage 1 for finishing inside the top-10.
- In 10 starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to four top-five and six top-10 finishes.
- In 24 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 73 laps en route to six top-five, and 11 top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished eighth (Crafton), 15th (Coughlin), and 27th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Aspen Dental 150 at Eldora Speedway on Wednesday, July 19 at 9:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.