Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
How demanding is Martinsville Speedway on both driver and equipment?
“Martinsville is very demanding on everything. It’s a place where it’s easy to overdrive the corner and for the most part we only have one groove, so everyone is fighting for that. This is also the track where we see the most brake issues and bent body panels.”
What are the keys to getting around the .526-mile “Paperclip”?
“I think you want your truck to turn the center really well, so you can drive it in the corner further, and get back to the gas sooner.”
Driver Point Standings: 10th
Owner Point Standings: 12th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- This Week’s No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 43 for Saturday’s Texas Roadhouse 200 at Martinsville Speedway. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a 17th-place finish at the .526-mile “Paperclip,” earlier this season, and two top-five finishes at Gateway Motorsports Park (5th), and New Hampshire Motor Speedway (4th).
- Martinsville Stats… Enfinger has two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts at Martinsville Speedway. The ThorSport Racing driver’s success includes a track-best start of 10th (April, 2017), and a track-best finish of 17th (April, 2017).
- Sunoco Rookie Update… The ThorSport Racing driver currently leads the charge in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings by 10 points over second-place Chase Briscoe.
- Season Update… In 19 starts this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 40 laps en route to nine top-five, and 13 top-10 finishes, with a season-best start of fifth (Texas Motor Speedway), and a season-best finish of third (Texas Motor Speedway, and Gateway Motorsports Park).
- Truck Series Stats… In 33 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole (Daytona, 2016), and has led 90 laps en route to one win (Talladega, 2016), 11 top-five, and 18 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Martinsville… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, October 27 from 5:00-5:45pm ET in front of the main ticket office at Martinsville Speedway.