Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra, made his track debut in Wednesday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. Starting 11th, in the unique dirt track qualifying format, the ThorSport Racing driver finished ninth in Stage 1, and sixth in Stage 2. Confident with his Toyota Tundra in the final 60 laps of the event, Enfinger maintained a position inside the top-10, running as high as second, and finished fourth in the fifth annual Eldora Dirt Derby behind teammate, and race winner, Matt Crafton.
The solid run was Enfinger’s fifth top-five finish in 11 starts in 2017.
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 5th
Owner Points: 5th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 55
2017 Playoff Points: 0
Talk about your first race at Eldora.
“It was definitely a great night for us. We had a really good Champion Power Equipment Tundra the whole two days that we were here. It was just a matter of me getting adjusted to it. I learned a lot, the whole night. I feel like we were legitimately a contending truck there at the end. I’m really happy our teammate was able to get the win. I feel like we’re knocking on the door now. Definitely a solid run for us, and can’t thank Champion Power Equipment and everybody at ThorSport Racing for this opportunity. I always knew it’d be fun to run this race, but never knew it’d be that much fun.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Tuesday evening in preparation for Wednesday night’s Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. Grant Enfinger was 17th, and 12th, respectively in each session.
- The No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra was 26th in single truck qualifying on Wednesday afternoon.
- Enfinger lined-up sixth in Qualifying Race No. 1, and finished third, securing an 11th-place starting position for the main event.
- In his track debut at Eldora Speedway, the ThorSport Racing driver started 11th, finished ninth in Stage 1, sixth in Stage 2, and fourth at the conclusion of the 150-lap event.
- In 11 starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to five top-five and seven top-10 finishes.
- In 25 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 73 laps en route to seven top-five, and 12 top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished first (Crafton), 11th (Coughlin), 26th (Abreu), and 30th (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Pocono Mountains 150 at Pocono Raceway on Saturday, July 29 at 1:00 p.m. on FOX.