Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his Dover (Del.) International Speedway (DIS) debut in Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Bar Harbor 200. Starting 12th, Enfinger ran as high as second, but consistently inside the top-10, and utilized pit strategy in the final laps of the 200-lap event to finish third behind race winner, Johnny Sauter. The third-place effort was the ThorSport Racing drivers season-best finish, and his third career top-five result in 20 NCWTS starts.
“It was definitely a good run for us. We needed a solid finish going into the busy part of the season. We haven’t had a great start to the year, but we have all the tools to work with, we just haven’t performed. Jeff Hensley (crew chief) made a great call there, and got us track position. Like Kaz (Grala) said, that seemed to be key. We were a mediocre truck in dirty air and I think we were pretty good in clean air, in all honesty. Yeah, I think Johnny (Sauter, winner) did great. He didn’t make a mistake there. It kind of proved that track position is more important than tires there at the end, but I can’t say enough about the calls. Hensley has made three good calls for us this season and kind of salvaged good days out of mediocre days for us. I’m really, really, proud of everybody on this RIDE TV Tundra. I feel like we’ve got a little momentum now. We’ve had two better finishes than we deserved the last two races, but I feel like we’re getting there.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 7th
Owner Points: 9th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Thursday afternoon in preparation for Friday’s Bar Harbor 200 at DIS. Grant Enfinger was 17th and seventh, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his DIS debut, Enfinger started 12th, ran as high as second, and finished third. The top-five result was the RIDE TV drivers season-best finish to date and his third top-five finish in 20 series starts.
- In six starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 18 laps en route to one top-five (Dover) and three top-10 finishes.
- In 20 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 68 laps en route to three top-five, and eight top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished fourth (Rhodes), 11th (Crafton), and 16th (Coughlin).
- Up Next: The Rattlesnake 400 at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday, June 9 at 8:00pm ET.