Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
“I’m definitely pumped about racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway this week. We had a great test session a couple weeks ago. I’ve lived in the Charlotte area now for 10 years, but this will be my first time racing at Charlotte since I used to race legend cars back in the day there. This is Champion Power Equipment’s first race of the year, so they’ll be camping out and having a great time cheering us on. I’m looking forward to an exciting race weekend.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 39 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) NC Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway (CMS).
- Charlotte Shakedown… Grant Enfinger will make his CMS debut in Friday night’s 134-lap event at the 1.5-mile oval. In his first intermediate track start earlier this season at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway, the ThorSport Racing driver finished eighth.
- Testing, 1, 2, 3, Testing… Enfinger, and the No. 98 Champion Power Equipment team participated in the NCWTS test at CMS on Tuesday, May 2. The ThorSport Racing driver posted the 13th fastest time overall.
- Race Rewind – Kansas… In his Kansas Speedway debut in the NCWTS, Enfinger started 15th, led the field once for 14 laps, and finished 11th in the 167-lap event.
- Rookie Stripe: The RIDE TV driver is currently fourth in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings after four of 23 races this season.
- Catch Grant at Charlotte… Enfinger, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Friday, May 19 from 3-3:45pm ET in the Whiskey River Hospitality area, under the Ford Grandstands at CMS.
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 18 since 2010
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 6
- Laps Completed: 2,301
- Laps Led: 68
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- Start: 12.8
- Finish: 13.9
Driver Point Standings: 8th
Owner Point Standings: 10th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
- Stage 1 – 40 laps (concludes at lap 40)
- Stage 2 – 40 laps (concludes at lap 80)
- Stage 3 – 54 laps (concludes at lap 134)
Date: Friday, May 19
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Distance: 134 Laps, 201 Miles
About Champion Power Equipment:
Since 2003 Champion Power Equipment has earned a reputation for designing and producing the market’s finest power equipment. From our original headquarters in Santa Fe Springs, California Champion has expanded its North American footprint to include facilities in Jackson Tennessee, Milwaukee Wisconsin and Toronto Canada. Today Champion’s product line has expanded to include portable generators, home standby generators, inverter generators, engines, winches and log splitters. With over 2.5 million generators sold in North America, Champion is a market leader in the power equipment field. For more information visit: ChampionPowerEquipment.com.