Grant Enfinger Race Recap:
Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP) in Sunday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) 250. Starting 16th, the ThorSport Racing driver finished 15th in Stage 1, and fourth in Stage 2, battling a Toyota Tundra that was, “tight on the right-handers” throughout the 64-lap event. Restarting 14th for the final 20 lap shootout, Enfinger ran as high as eighth, but settled for a 13th-place finish behind race winner, Austin Cindric.
“I had a lot of fun, and appreciate the opportunity. Today just wasn’t good enough. I feel like I’ve figured out where we were struggling in the race. We made some good swings at it. The guys on pit road did a good job, we were just flat out not good enough. We will learn from it, and come back at Chicago.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 7th
Owner Points: 9th
2017 Stage Wins: 0
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 73
2017 Playoff Points: 0
- The NCWTS had two practice sessions on Saturday morning in preparation for Sunday’s NCWTS 250 at CTMP. Grant Enfinger was 12th, and 14th, respectively, in each session.
- In his track debut at CTMP, Enfinger started 16th, finished 15th in Stage 1, fourth in Stage 2, and 13th in the NCWTS 250.
- In 15 starts in 2017, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 23 laps en route to six top-five, and nine top-10 finishes.
- In 29 career NCWTS starts, Enfinger has one pole, one win, and has led 73 laps en route to eight top-five, and 14 top-10 finishes.
- Enfinger’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished 10th (Rhodes), 21st (Coughlin), and 25th (Crafton).
- Up Next: The Chicagoland 225 at Chicagoland Speedway on Friday, September 15 at 8:30 p.m. ET on FS1.