Gearing up with Grant Enfinger:
Now that we’ve completed the first race of the 2017 NCWTS season with the new race format, how do you feel that will impact racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend?
“I think the new format added some excitement when the laps got close to the end of each stage at Daytona, but Daytona and restrictor plate racing is its own style of racing. I anticipate that drivers will be racing harder at the end of each stage at Atlanta as well, but the trucks won’t be as close together on track, hopefully eliminating a lot of torn up equipment.”
Last year you had a top-five finish at Atlanta. How do you feel heading into the race this weekend?
“Last year at Atlanta I struggled to get the truck where I needed it early in the race. I learned a lot that weekend and by the end of the race, we had some good speed and were able to finish fifth. This weekend we’re heading to a track that I have some experience on, combined with my crew chief Jeff Hensley, who has found lots of speed in the past. I look forward to a good weekend in Atlanta with our RIDE TV Toyota Tundra.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 55 for Saturday’s Active Pest Control 200 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway (AMS). This chassis was utilized in 2016 by Rico Abreu at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway, Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway, and Homestead-Miami (Fl.) Speedway, but has been rebuilt for 2017.
- All About Atlanta… Enfinger made his AMS debut in 2016 with Gallagher Motorsports. Starting from the fourth position, the RIDE TV driver brought home his first top-five finish in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) competition, finishing fifth.
- Changes for 2017… Atlanta will feature three stages (Stage 1 – 40 laps, Stage 2 – 40 laps, Final Stage – 50 laps), with approximately a five-minute break in between.
- Race Rewind – Daytona… Making his second start at Daytona International Speedway (DIS) in the NCWTS, Enfinger started 11th, ran as high as first, and finished 16th following a last lap accident in the 100-lap event.
- Rookie Stripe: Following a 16th-place finish at DIS, the ThorSport Racing driver was the fourth highest finishing Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender in Friday night’s season opener.
- Catch Grant at Atlanta… Enfinger, along with his TSR teammates, will participate in the series autograph session from 9-9:45am in the ballroom at AMS.
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 15 since 2010
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 5
- Laps Completed: 1754
- Laps Led: 50
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- Start: 12.7
- Finish: 14.3
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2017 Driver Point Standings: 14th
2017 Owner Point Standings: 17th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017
Time: 4:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 130 laps/200.2 miles