Chatting with Cody Coughlin:
“I’m really looking forward to Iowa. I love racing short tracks. This is a new one for me, so I’m excited to get there and see what it’s like. I’ve been watching film to try to get ready, so we’ll see how it goes on Friday.”
Driver Point Standings: 13th
Owner Point Standings: 16th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 36 for Friday night’s M&M’S 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton. This is the same chassis teammate Ben Rhodes raced to three top-15 finishes in 2016.
- Hawkeye State Stats… Cody Coughlin will make his Iowa Speedway debut in Friday night’s 200-lap event at the 7/8-mile track.
- Chasing Rookie of the Year… Coughlin, who finished 12th in the series’ last stop at Gateway Motorsports Park (GMP), is currently sixth in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle after eight of 23 races.
- Truck Series Stats… Coughlin has made 20 NCWTS starts since 2015, with a career-best start of seventh at Talladega (Al.) Superspeedway (2016), and a career-best finish of 11th at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (DIS).
- Rearview Mirror – Gateway… In his track debut at GMP, Coughlin started 13th, ran as high as ninth, and finished 12th in the 160-lap event.
- Catch Cody at Iowa… Coughlin, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series autograph session on Friday from 3-3:45pm CT under the grandstands in Turn 4 at Iowa Speedway.
- Stage 1 – 60 laps (concludes at lap 60)
- Stage 2 – 60 laps (concludes at lap 120)
- Stage 3 – 80 laps (concludes at lap 200)
Date: Friday, June 23, 2017
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 7/8-mile oval
Distance: 200 Laps, 175-Miles