Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway (CMS) in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) NC Education Lottery 200. Starting 17th, the ThorSport Racing driver ran as high as ninth, battling handling issues, to finish 16th behind race winner, Kyle Busch in the 134-lap event.
“We almost accomplished our goal of a top-10 finish tonight. If that caution didn’t come out with just a few laps to go, I think we could have done it. We fought a tight Tundra all weekend. We are making strides and I appreciate my entire ThorSport Racing team, and all their hard work. I think with a couple more changes to our intermediate program we’ll be where we need to be.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 15th
Owner Points: 19th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Thursday evening in preparation for Friday night’s NC Education Lottery 200 at CMS. Cody Coughlin was 19th and 22nd, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his track debut at CMS, Coughlin started 17th, ran as high as ninth, and finished 16th in the 134-lap event.
- In five starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-15 and four top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished sixth (Crafton), seventh (Enfinger) and eighth (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Bar Harbor 200 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway on Friday, June 2 at 5:30pm ET on FS1.