Sandusky, Ohio (November 17, 2015) – Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) 200 at Homestead-Miami (Fl.) Speedway (HMS) will mark the final race of Cameron Hayley’s rookie season. In 2015 the Alberta, Canada native has made 18 track debuts, and led the field for 78 laps en route to four top-five and 12 top-10 finishes. Although no announcements have been made for the 2016 season, Hayley hopes to keep his success going when he makes his HMS debut on Friday night.
Sporting a familiar sponsor at HMS, Mattei Compressors, Hayley will have a new honorary co-sponsor on board his No. 13 Toyota Tundra for the 136-lap event, Bike to the Beach for Autism. Hosting it’s second annual bike ride for charity, Bike to the Beach for Autism is a 100-mile ride form Key Largo to Key West on January 15, raising money for Autism Awareness. Founder and CEO of Bike to the Beach for Autism, Ben Dally, will also make the trek to Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend, in support of Hayley, and to spark interest in the upcoming bike ride.
Making his 18th and final track debut of 2015 at the 1.5-mile oval, Hayley is as confident as he could possibly be for the season finale. In eight previous NCWTS starts on mile-and-a-half tracks this season, the ThorSport Racing driver has accumulated an average starting position of 8.8, and an average finishing position of 10.6, including one top-five and five top-10 finishes.
Using the knowledge he’s gained in 2015 on 1.5-mile tracks, paired with “simulated homework,” Hayley hopes to cap off his solid Sunoco Rookie of the Year season with the ultimate addition to his racing resume, his first career NCWTS win.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“When it comes down to it, mile-and-a-half tracks are all pretty similar. So going to Homestead (Miami Speedway), we’re just going to bring our standard 1.5-mile package and take the notes we have from Texas. Even though I’ve never raced there, I’ll prepare like I have all season; a little bit of simulator work, racing the track on PlayStation, and watching YouTube videos. Every little bit really helps me a lot to prepare.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 41 for Friday night’s NCWTS 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. This particular chassis has made three previous appearances in 2015 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS, finishing fifth, Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (June), finishing seventh, and Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, finishing 10th.
- Welcome Back… The 19-year-old rookie welcomes Mattei Compressors back onboard his No. 13 Toyota Tundra for Friday night’s race at Homestead-Miami Superspeedway. Mattei has over 50 years of experience providing customers in every industry and market with superior compressed air products. Today, Mattei proudly serves a multitude of industries including agriculture, automotive and body shop, dry cleaning, energy, food and beverage, manufacturing, medical and dental, natural gas, pharmaceutical, plastics, woodworking and others. They understand industrial challenges and the solutions needed to overcome them. To learn more about Mattei compressors and how they can benefit your specific applications, visit matteicomp.com.
- Honorary Mention… Joining Mattei onboard Hayley’s Tundra this weekend will be a new honorary co-sponsor, Bike to the Beach for Autism. In it’s second year, Bike to the Beach for Autism is a 100-mile bike ride form Key Largo to Key West, Fl., raising funds for Autism Awareness. For more information, visit BikeToTheBeach.org
- Miami Minute… Hayley will make his 18th NCWTS track debut of 2015 at Homestead-Miami Speedway Friday night. In eight 1.5-mile track starts in the 2015 season, Hayley has one top-five and five top-10 finishes. Before 2015, Hayley had experience on three NCWTS tracks on the 2015 schedule; Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Texas Motor Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Season Review… After 22 races this season, Hayley has completed 3196 of 3321 laps attempted (96.2%), and led 78 laps en route to four top-five and 12 top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver currently has a season-best start of second, and a season-best finish of third at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. In 2015, the ThorSport Racing driver has an Average Start of 8.3, and an Average Finish of 11.0.
- Previous Race Recap… Making his NCWTS debut in the “Valley of the Sun,” Hayley qualified sixth for the Lucas Oil 150 at Phoenix International Raceway. Battling issues throughout the entirety of the race, including a vibration and restart penalty, the 19-year-old driver fought his way into the top-10 late in the going. However, a flat tire with one lap to go, relinquished Hayley to an 11th-place finish.
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 25 starts since 2014
- Four top-five finishes
- 14 top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014 & Martinsville, Fall 2015)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, Fall 2015)
- Has completed 3587 of 3712 laps attempted (96.6%)
- Average start: 8
- Average finish: 10.8
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Friday, November 20, 2015
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 134 laps/201 miles