2015 Driver Point Standings: 7th
2015 Owner Point Standings: 8th
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Sandusky, Ohio (September 29, 2015) – Capturing his 12th top-15 finish of the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season last weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Cameron Hayley, hopes to continue to add to that success when he fulfills a lifelong dream Saturday, racing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS), for the Rhino Linings 350.
With his 14th different NCWTS track debut in 2015 coming on a 1.5-mile oval this weekend, the No. 13 Carolina Nut/Monte Carlo Toyota Tundra driver has already accumulated one top-five, three top-10 and five top-15 finishes on six previous mile-and-a-half track appearances this season, including leading the ultra-competitive NCWTS field for three laps around Texas Motor Speedway.
Sitting a mere three points behind sixth-place in the NCWTS driver point standings, and nine points behind fellow Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Daniel Hemric, in fifth, the 19-year-old driver is hoping to come away with a good points day, and potentially his first NCWTS win after the 146-lap event on Saturday.
Sounding off – Cameron Hayley:
“I’ve actually been to Las Vegas before, but I raced the smaller race track, the Las Vegas Bullring, in the Baby Grand Nationals, when I first started out. I’ve dreamed about racing on the big track my entire career, and now I finally get to. Plus, it’s a stand-alone race, which creates a new area of opportunity for me. I think it’s good to race around the Sprint Cup guys, but at the same time, they are difficult to beat. It gives me a better shot to go out there and win.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 53 for Saturday night’s Rhino Linings 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. This particular chassis has raced three previous times in the 2015 season at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta (ninth), Pocono (Pa.) Raceway (fourth), and Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet (16th).
- Las Vegas Stats… Hayley will make his 14th NCWTS track debut of 2015 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday night. Before 2015, Hayley had experience on three NCWTS tracks on the 2015 schedule; Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Texas Motor Speedway and New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
- Season Review… After 17 races this season, Hayley has completed 2456 of 2580 laps attempted (95.1%) and led 54 laps en route to three top-five and eight top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver currently has a Best Start of third at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway, Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, and New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Hayley scored a season-best finish of fourth at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway earlier this year.
- Rookie Race… Hayley is currently third in the 2015 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle, 15 points behind second-place, Daniel Hemric. Both Sunoco Rookie of the Year contenders are chasing leader, Erik Jones.
- Previous Race Recap… Returning to New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the second time in his NCWTS career, Hayley qualified a season-best third for the UNOH 175. Running within the top-10 for the majority of the 175-lap event, but playing fuel strategy at the end of the race, the ThorSport Racing driver crossed the finish line 12th at the “Magic Mile.”
Hayley’s Truck Series Stats:
- 20 starts since 2014
- Three top-five finishes
- 10 top-10 finishes
- First start: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Best start: 2nd (Loudon, 2014)
- Best finish: 4th (Pocono, 2015)
- Has completed 2847 of 2971 laps attempted (95.8%)
- Average start: 7.8
- Average finish: 11.5
Hayley’s NCWTS Performance Profile:
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2015
Time: 10:00 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Track Details: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 146 laps/219 miles