Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 10th
2016 Owner Points: 10th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, made his second start at Eldora Speedway in Wednesday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby. Hayley started the unique, 150-lap, three segment race, from the 20th position, ran as high as fourth, and overcame an accident early, and a flat tire late in the race, to finish a track-best seventh in the 4th annual event.
Starting 20th, Hayley worked his way up to the 13th position by lap 20, and was sitting inside the top-15 when his Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra was collected in a lap 39 accident in Turn 3, bringing out the third caution of the night, and ending the first 40 lap segment. Crew Chief Eddie Troconis brought the No. 13 machine to pit road, under caution, for four tires, fuel, and repairs. Restarting 18th for the second 50 lap segment, at lap 42, Hayley was able to work his way inside the top-10 by lap 70, and was scored sixth when the seventh caution of the night was displayed on lap 93 for the competition caution, and the end of the second segment. Complaining of a right front tire going down, Troconis took no chances, and brought the ThorSport Racing driver to pit road, under caution, for four tires, fuel, and more repairs to the right front. Restarting 10th for the final 60-lap segment, Hayley maintained a position inside the top-10 over the ensuing 56 laps, and finished a track-best seventh behind race winner, Kyle Larson.
“It was an up and down kind of night for our Cabinets by Hayley team. We were pretty decent rolling on the top, then we got in a wreck, we over came that, and then got in a rut, popped a bead, and had a right rear (tire) go down. A top-10 finish though, wow, I couldn’t be more proud of that result.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Tuesday evening in preparation for Wednesday night’s Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. Hayley was 12th, and second, respectively, in both sessions.
- The No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra was 30th in single truck qualifying on Wednesday afternoon.
- Hayley lined-up sixth in Qualifying Race No. 5, and finished fourth, locking his No. 13 Toyota Tundra into the 150-lap main event.
- Making his second start at Eldora Speedway in the NCWTS, Hayley started 20th, ran as high as fourth, and finished a track-best seventh in the 4th annual event at the “Big E.”
- In 11 starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to two top-five (Atlanta & Iowa), and five top-10 finishes.
- In 37 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to six top-five and 20 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished third (Abreu), 10th (Crafton), and 23rd (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The Pocono Mountains 150 at Pocono Raceway on Saturday, July 30 at 1:00pm ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN, and SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90.