Crew Chief: Matt Noyce
2019 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2019 Owner Point Standings: 4th
Spotter: TJ Majors
News and Notes:
- Friday Fun: The No. 99 Carolina Nut Ford F-150 unloaded at Martinsville Speedway Friday where it took to the track for two practices. Ben Rhodes posted a 13th-place finish in the first practice and a 15th-place finish in final practice. The NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) TruNorth 250 qualifying is slated for Saturday, March 23 at 10:40 a.m. on Fox Sport 1 and the Fox Sports 1 app.
- Take me back to Martinsville 2018: Ben Rhodes will make his eight NGOTS start at the 0.536-mile “Paperclip” Saturday for the TruNorth 250. In seven previous starts, The ThorSport Racing driver has two poles (March 2018, April 2016), has led 176 laps. Additionally, Rhodes has one top-five finish, three top-10 finishes. His best finish came last October where he finished fourth.
- 2019 Stats: In three starts this season, he has led 32 laps en route to one top-five finish (Atlanta). The Carolina Nut driver has a best start of sixth (Atlanta), and he has an average start of 15.7, and an average finish of 14.7.
- Race Rewind: Rhodes’ run at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 2 was a difficult one sustaining contact early on in the race from competitor and in the closing laps blew a right rear tire leading to a 25th-place finish.
- Off-Weekend Fun: Rhodes joined three of his fellow ThorSport teammate in Sebring, Florida to compete in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge Alan Jay Automotive Network 120 on Friday, March 15.
Chatting with Rhodes:
“Martinsville is a track that always gives me mixed emotions. Our Ford F-150’s always have great speed there, with strong performances and pole positions; but I haven’t been able to get the win yet. We have been close many times. I’m excited to try to change that this weekend. I’m determined to get my team a strong finish but hopefully a win. After the unfortunate run in Las Vegas, I’m ready to build momentum for my team.”