Crew Chief: Matt Noyce
2019 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2019 Owner Point Standings: 4th
Spotter: TJ Majors
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 99 Ford F-150: The No. 99 Carolina Nut Ford F-150 team will unload for Friday’s NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) Strat 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS) with the same truck that finished fifth in last weekend’s race at Atlanta.
- All about Vegas: In his four series starts at LVMS, Rhodes has completed all 570 laps, led 24 laps, drove two top-five and three top-10 finishes and earned his first NGOTS win at the track in 2017.
- Take me back to Las Vegas 1, 2018: Starting 15th, Rhodes finished sixth in Stage 1 and drove to fourth-place finish is Stage 2. A green flag pit stop, and the only caution of the race set Rhodes up on the restart to lineup next to trucks with newer tires. Having to back out of the gas and his momentum stalled because of the fresher tires of others, he was able to score a top-10 finish, seventh.
- Take me back to Las Vegas again, 2018: Having started in the back, Rhodes drove through the field to finish 10th in Stage 1 and seventh in Stage 2. Towards the end of the race it came down to restarts where he was able to hold on to a top-five finish, fourth.
- Catch Ben at Vegas: Rhodes will join his fellow ThorSport Racing teammates for the NGOTS Autograph Session, in the Neon Garage in the infield at LVMS, from 12:00 – 12:45 p.m. PT Friday, March 1.
Chatting with Rhodes:
“I’m looking forward to seeing how much we improve upon our fifth-place finish from Atlanta. We are bringing the same F-150 but with a bunch of changes-stemming from what we learned at Atlanta. I really believe that we should have more speed right off the transporter. It’s going to be a lot of fun building a fast-intermediate package with my new crew chief.”