Matt Crafton, driver of the No. 88 Goof Off/Menards Toyota Tundra made his eighth career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway in Saturday’s Overton’s 150. Starting ninth, Crafton finished fifth in Stage 1, and 16th in Stage 2, utilizing a late-Stage pit stop to gain track position for the start of the third and final Stage. Restarting Stage 3 from the second position Crafton lost valuable track position late in the 60-lap event due to power steering issues. The ThorSport Racing driver would settle for a sixth-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
The top-10 run was Crafton’s fifth top-10 finish at Pocono Raceway, and the eighth of the 2017 NCWTS season.
“We started the race a little tight through the center and off the corners, not bad. Pit strategy had us set up for a solid run in the final stage, but unfortunately, with about 20 laps to go, a reservoir broke and I lost power steering.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 4th
Owner Points: 4th
2017 Stage Bonus Points: 121
2017 Playoff Points: 2 (Dover & Eldora)
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s 150-mile event at the “Tricky Triangle.” Matt Crafton was 12th, and eighth, respectively, in both sessions.
- Starting ninth, Crafton finished fifth in Stage 1, 16th in Stage 2, and sixth in the Overton’s 150 at Pocono Raceway.
- In eight starts at the “Tricky Triangle,” Crafton has led one lap en route to two top-five and five top-10 finishes.
- In 12 starts in 2017, the Menards driver has led 96 laps en route to one win (Eldora), three top-five (Atlanta), and eight top-10 finishes.
- In 396 career starts, Crafton has 12 poles, and has led 2231 laps en route to 14 wins, 100 top-five, and 234 top-10 finishes.
- Crafton’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Rhodes), eighth (Coughlin), and 13th (Enfinger).
- Up Next: The LTi Printing 200 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, August 12.