Sounding Off – Matt Crafton:
“Kansas and I have a love-hate relationship. In the last four races I’ve finished first, second, first, and second. So, if history repeats itself, we should be good this weekend. It feels like it’s been an eternity since we’ve been at the race track, but I always enjoy getting back to Kansas. The asphalt there is getting better with age – we can move around a little more now. I was one of the drivers that wasn’t happy when they repaved it – it had gotten really, really good – but it’s getting there again. I’m looking forward to getting back there this week.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 54 for Friday night’s Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS. This chassis made six starts in 2016, and never finished outside the top-10. In fact, Crafton drove this particular chassis to victory lane at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway, and had three runner-up finishes at Kansas Speedway, and both races at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth.
- Kansas Speedway Stats… Among active series drivers, Matt Crafton is the only NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) driver to compete in all 16 races at Kansas Speedway. In fact, the Menards driver has the most Wins (2), the most Top-five Finishes (8), the most Top-10 Finishes (8), has completed the most laps (2576) and has the most Lead Lap Finishes (10).
- In The Loop – Kansas… The two-time NCWTS champion leads the series in Green Flag Passes (569), and Laps in the Top 15 (1428).
- Take Me Back – Kansas, 2016: Crafton started 13th, led the 32-truck field twice, for 59 laps, and finished second.
- World Vision… In advance of Mother’s Day, Crafton, along with his TSR teammates are working with Toyota Racing and the Kansas City Toyota region, to support the efforts of World Vision in the Kansas City community. The drivers will assemble women’s hope kits, on Thursday afternoon, that will be delivered to several local charities.
- Rearview Mirror – Martinsville… The ThorSport Racing driver started 10th, ran as high as second, and finished seventh.
- Catch Crafton at Kansas… On Thursday, May 11, Crafton will be at Menards in Belton, MO from 6-7pm CT. Also, the Menards driver, along with his TSR teammates, will be at Toyota Pit Pass in the Fan Midway from 1:30-1:50pm CT on Friday, May 12.
Crafton’s Kansas Speedway Stats:
- Starts: 16, since 2001
- Laps Completed: 2576 of 2643 (97.5%)
- Laps Led: 106
- Wins: 2 (2013 & 2015)
- Top-5 Finishes: 5
- Top-10 Finishes: 8
- Best start: 2nd (2010 & 2015)
- Average start: 13.2
- Average finish: 12.6
Crafton’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- Starts: 387, since 2000
- Wins: 13
- Top-five Finishes: 98
- Top-10 finishes: 228
- Poles: 12
- Laps Completed: 59,779
- Laps Led: 2138
- Average start: 12.7
- Average finish: 11.4
About Matador Beef Jerky:
Matador® original jerky is a new style of jerky that’s extra tender and delivers a bold blend of traditional spices and smoky flavor. Grab a bag for on-the-go, protein-packed energy to fuel your next journey. For more information visit: www.MatadorSnacks.com.