Sounding Off – Matt Crafton:
“I was one of the first ones on that track in Iowa, in a truck, and I did the tire test there. Iowa races like the old Kansas track before they repaved it. It’s a lot of fun – great racing. The asphalt is getting older, and the racing keeps getting better and better every time we go there.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 88 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 48 for Friday night’s M&M’S 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton. This chassis, which is nicknamed, “Tom Brady,” had two wins in 2015 at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway, and Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (June), and one win in 2016 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. It has been utilized twice in 2017 at Charlotte (NC) Motor Speedway (6th), and Dover International Raceway (11th).
- Hawkeye State Stats… Among Active Series Drivers at Iowa Speedway, Crafton is one of three drivers to compete in all 10 races at the 7/8-mile track, has the most top-10 finishes (10), has completed the most laps (2017), has the most lead lap finishes (10).
- In the Loop – Iowa… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Crafton is ranked first in Laps in the Top-15 (1911), and third in the following categories; Average Running Position (6.4), Driver Rating (106.6), and Fastest Laps Run (97).
- In the Loop – 2017… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Crafton ranks second in Average Running Position (6.6), and Laps in the Top-15 (1246). The ThorSport Racing driver ranks fourth in Driver Rating (99.8) after eight of 23 NCWTS races this season.
- Take Me Back – Iowa, 2016… The 2011 Iowa Speedway winner started ninth, ran consistently inside the top-10, and finished eighth.
- Rearview Mirror – Gateway… Starting sixth, Crafton led the 30-truck field two times, for 16 laps, and finished fourth in the 160-lap event.
2017 Driver Point Standings: 3rd
2017 Owner Point Standings: 3rd
Crafton’s Iowa Stats:
- Starts: 10, since 2009
- Laps Completed: 2017 of 2017 (100%)
- Laps Led: 89
- Wins: 1 (2011)
- Top-5 Finishes: 5
- Top-10 Finishes: 10
- Best Start: 3rd (2015)
- Average start: 9.5
- Average finish: 5.0
Crafton’s Career Truck Series Stats:
- Starts: 392, since 2000
- Wins: 13
- Top-five Finishes: 99
- Top-10 finishes: 231
- Poles: 12
- Laps Completed: 60,605
- Laps Led: 2207
- Average start: 12.6
- Average finish: 11.4
- Stage 1 – 60 laps (concludes at lap 60)
- Stage 2 – 60 laps (concludes at lap 120)
- Stage 3 – 80 laps (concludes at lap 200)
Date: Friday, June 23, 2017
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 7/8-mile oval
Distance: 200 Laps, 175-Miles
About Fisher Nuts:
Fisher® Nuts will make its 2015 debut with Matt Crafton on board the No. 88 Toyota Tundra at AMS. Fisher® Nuts is a brand owned by John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. (NASDAQ: JBSS), a company founded in 1922 that’s a leading processor, marketer and distributor of baking nuts, snack nuts and nut-based products that are sold in multiple distribution channels. Its products can be found under the Fisher®, Orchard Valley Harvest™ and Sunshine Country® brand names and a variety of private labels. For more information, visit: www.FisherNuts.com.