Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his third career start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) WinStarGamingOnline.com 400. Starting 11th, Coughlin finished 10th in Stage 1, and 14th in Stage 2. Unfortunately, while running inside the top-12, with 14 laps remaining in the 167-lap event, the ThorSport Racing driver would get debris on the grill of his RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, ultimately causing the engine to overheat and expire, relegating the ThorSport Racing driver to an 18th-place finish behind race winner, Christopher Bell.
“It’s a real shame because once again we had a great race going, and we don’t really have anything to show for it. The luck we’re having is keeping us from getting the results we deserve. My guys work really hard to give me a great Toyota Tundra every time we go to a race track. We’ll get the right results soon.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 14th
Owner Points: 19th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had three practice sessions on Thursday in preparation for Friday night’s com 400. Cody Coughlin was 14th, 11th, and eighth, respectively, in each session.
- In his third career start at TMS, Coughlin started 11th, ran as high as seventh, and finished 18th, due to an expired engine late in the 167-lap event.
- In seven starts in 2017, Coughlin has one top-15 and six top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished third (Enfinger), fifth (Rhodes), and ninth (Crafton).
- Up Next: The Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park in St. Louis at 8:30pm ET on Saturday, June 13.