Cody Coughlin Race Recap:
Cody Coughlin, driver of the No. 13 JEGS Toyota Tundra, made his track debut at Gateway Motorsports Park (GMP) in Saturday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Drivin’ for Linemen 200. Starting 13th, Coughlin finished 13th in Stage 1, and 11th in Stage 2. Running consistently inside the top-15 through the final 83 laps of the 160-lap event, Coughlin would overcome a pit road penalty, and a late-race restart to finish 12th behind race winner, John Hunter Nemechek.
“We had a good JEGS.com Tundra tonight. We didn’t get the result we wanted due to a mistake, but we fought back, and finished on the lead lap, and learned a lot. This place is tough to pass on, but we were able to make some things happen. Now we’ll go to Iowa, and see if we can make more things happen there.”
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 13th
Owner Points: 16th
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Saturday morning in preparation for Saturday night’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200. Cody Coughlin was 11th, respectively, in both sessions.
- In his track debut at GMP, Coughlin started 13th, ran as high as ninth, and finished 12th in the 160-lap event.
- In eight starts in 2017, Coughlin has two top-15 and seven top-20 finishes, including a career-best 11th-place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
- Coughlin’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished fourth (Crafton), fifth (Enfinger), and eighth (Rhodes).
- Up Next: The M&M’S 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton on Friday, June 23 at 8:00pm ET.