Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 RIDE TV Toyota Tundra, made his third start at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 175. Starting from the eighth position, Hayley ran solidly inside the top-10 for a majority of the 175-lap event, running as high as fifth, before being forced down pit road late in the event for a loose right-front wheel. Losing a lap to the race leaders, Hayley was relegated to a 19th-place finish behind race winner, William Byron.
Cameron Hayley Quote:
“We struggled in practice, struggled in qualifying, but we were really good during the race today – one of the fastest trucks on long runs. I made my way through the field and had it all planned out, strategy wise, and had issues on pit road.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s UNOH 175 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS). Cameron Hayley was 15th, and fourth, respectively, in both sessions.
- Making his third NCWTS start at the 1.058-mile track, Hayley started eighth, and ran as high as fifth, but a loose right-front wheel late in the 175-lap event relegated the ThorSport Racing driver to a 19th-place finish at the Magic Mile.
- In three starts at NHMS, Hayley has one top-10 finish (2014).
- In 17 NCWTS starts in 2016, Hayley has led 21 laps en route to five top-five, and nine top-10 finishes.
- In 43 career NCWTS starts, Hayley has led 99 laps en route to nine top-five and 24 top-10 finishes.
- Hayley’s ThorSport Racing teammates finished third (Crafton), 15th (Rhodes), and 17th (Abreu).
- Up Next: The DC Solar 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday, October 1, 2016.