Crew Chief: Eddie Troconis
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Points: 11th
2016 Owner Points: 12th
Sounding Off – Cameron Hayley:
You ran well at Vegas last year. Is it a track you enjoy racing at?
“Vegas was the first race last year where I thought we could win a race. We were really good there last year, but ended up running out of fuel late in the race. It was a fuel mileage race, and I really hated those last year. This year, our mile-and-a-half program has gotten way better. Obviously we were able to capitalize on it at Chicago, trying to go for a win and finishing third. I still have a lot to learn from Cup drivers, but I’ll get there, and hopefully we can take that experience and move on to Vegas – I think we’ll have a good RIDE TV Tundra.”
What’s the key to being successful at Vegas?
“The biggest thing with Vegas is managing the heat during the day, and the changes to the track when the sun goes down. The track is pretty conventional, probably the most conventional track we go to. It’s just critical to keep up with your changes from the day to night.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter…The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 35 for Saturday night’s DC Solar 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). This is the same chassis that Hayley has earned both of his season-best, second-place finishes at (Atlanta Motor Speedway, and Pocono International Raceway), and most recently finished fifth with it at Michigan International Speedway, earlier this season.
- Las Vegas Bullring… Hayley has one career start at The Bullring at LVMS (.375-mile track) in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West in 2012. The Calgary, Alberta, Canada native started second, and finished fifth.
- In The Loop – Las Vegas… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Hayley is ranked first in Average Running Position (4.09), first in Driver Rating (116.5), sixth in Fastest Laps Run (23), sixth in Laps Led (23), and 12th in Laps in the Top 15 (144) entering Saturday’s event.
- Intermediate Track Facts: In 16 career starts on an Intermediate-style track (1.5-miles), Hayley has three top-five and nine top-10 finishes.
- 360 View… Sophomore driver, Hayley, had a total of four top-five finishes in 2015 combined over 23 starts. The ThorSport Racing driver enters the 18th race of the 2016 season with five top-five finishes.
- Las Vegas Rewind – 2015… The ThorSport Racing driver started sixth, led 23 laps, and finished 10th due to fuel mileage.
- Rearview Mirror – Loudon… Making his third NCWTS start at the 1.058-mile track, Hayley started eighth, and ran as high as fifth, but a loose right-front wheel late in the 175-lap event relegated the ThorSport Racing driver to a 19th-place finish at the Magic Mile.
- Let’s RIDE… RIDE TV, a 24-hour, high-definition, television network, dedicated to providing quality entertainment to equestrian and agriculture enthusiasts, will make their sixth of 11 starts onboard the No. 13 Toyota Tundra this weekend at Loudon.
Hayley’s Las Vegas NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 1 since 2015
- Started: 6th
- Finished: 10th
- Laps Completed: 145 of 146 (99.3%)
- Laps Led: 23
Hayley’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 17
- Top-5 Finishes: 5
- Top-10 Finishes: 9
- Best Start: 2nd (Iowa Speedway)
- Best Finish: 2nd (Atlanta & Pocono)
- Lap Completed 2540 of 2568 (98.9%)
- Laps Led: 21
- Average Start: 10.4
- Average Finish: 12.3
Hayley’s Career NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 43 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2015
- Top-5 Finishes: 9
- Top-10 Finishes: 24
- Laps Completed: 6261
- Laps Led: 99
- Start: 9.0
- Finish: 11.3
- Best start: 2nd, Loudon (2014), Martinsville (Oct., 2015), and Iowa (2016)
- Best finish: 2nd, Atlanta Motor Speedway & Pocono International Raceway (2016)
Hayley’s 2015 NCWTS Stats:
- Finished sixth in the driver point standings
- Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender
- Top-5 Finishes: 4
- Top-10 Finishes: 13
- 78 laps led
- Best start: 2nd (Martinsville, October)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, October)
Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN Radio & SiriusXM Channel 90
Track: 1.5-mile oval
Distance: 146 laps/219 miles