Crew Chief: Eddie Troconis
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Point Standings: 5th
2016 Owner Point Standings: 5th
Sounding Off – Cameron Hayley:
You finished fifth at Kansas last year in your debut. Are you looking forward to getting back there this weekend?
“For sure. Kansas was only my fourth race with ThorSport Racing last year, so everything was still new going into that race. I think we honestly had a top-10 run there. We came in late in the race to get fuel, braved it out playing the fuel mileage game, and ended up with a top-five finish. It was good strategy on our part, but our Tundra wasn’t exactly where it needed to be last year. However, I think both Eddie and I have shown everyone, so far, that we have what it takes to run up front and I don’t expect anything less for Kansas.”
You visit a lot of these tracks, like Kansas, once a year. What do you remember about Kansas so you don’t get it confused with another intermediate track?
“You don’t remember a whole lot going into the race, but the second you make that first lap, it all comes rushing back to you – each and every bump. I’m glad I’m able to do that, it’s helped me a ton the first three races, and will continue to help me throughout the year.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Information…The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 35 for Friday’s Toyota Tundra 250 at Kansas Speedway. This is the same chassis that teammate Matt Crafton won with at Kansas in 2015, after starting second.
- Kansas Rankings… Among active NCWTS drivers, Hayley has the best Average Finish (5.0) at Kansas Speedway.
- Kansas Speedway Rewind… In the series’ last stop at the 1.5-mile track, Hayley started eighth, and brought home his first career NCWTS top-five finish, finishing fifth.
- In The Loop – 2016… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Hayley has an Average Start of 7.7, an Average Finish of 12.0, has spent 86.8% of laps completed inside the Top-15, and has a Driver Rating of 100.3 in 2016. The Calgary, Alberta, Canada native is ranked fifth overall.
- Race Rewind – Martinsville Speedway… Making his third career start at Martinsville Speedway, Hayley started fourth, led the field once for 11 laps, and finished ninth.
Hayley’s Kansas Speedway Stats:
- One start (2015)
- Started: 8th
- Finished: 5th
- 167of 167 laps completed (100%)
- 0 laps led
Hayley’s 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 3
- Top-5 Finishes: 1 (Atlanta)
- Top-10 Finishes: 2
- Best Start: 4th (Martinsville)
- Lap Completed: 477 0f 485 (98.4%)
- Laps Led: 19
Hayley’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 29 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2015
- Top-5 Finishes: 5
- Top-10 Finishes: 17
- Laps Completed: 4198 of 4331 (96.9%)
- Laps Led: 97
- Start: 8.1
- Finish: 10.9
- Best start: 2nd, Loudon (2014), and Martinsville (Oct., 2015)
- Best finish: 2nd, Atlanta Motor Speedway (2016)
Hayley’s 2015 NCWTS Stats:
- Finished sixth in the driver point standings
- Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender
- Four top-five finishes
- 13 top-12 finishes
- 78 laps led
- Best start: 2nd (Martinsville, October)
- Best finish: 3rd (Martinsville, October)